+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Giants To Host Sandy Hook Elementary School Community Members At Sunday's Game

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...hook_elem.html

Excerpt: "The Giants will host members of the Sandy Hook Elementary School community Sunday when they play the Eagles, the team announced today.

The school in Newtown, Conn. was the site of the shooting that claimed 26 lives -- 20 first-graders and six adults – on Dec. 14.

Approximately 200 students will participate in pregame ceremonies and watch the game, the Giants announced. An equal number of parents and faculty members and 50 Wounded Warriors will accompany the students.

The contingent will travel to the stadium from Newtown Sunday morning via a caravan of nine chartered Academy buses.

"I spoke to the team this morning about that and what it really means to all of us is we were so taken back and so shocked and felt so badly for the families," Giants head coach Tom Coughlin said. "Not only the families of the children, but the families of the principal and the school psychologist, the real heroes who knew exactly what was coming and still charged and attacked and knew what the outcome would be.

"And it's Giant country and we know that."

Once on the field, the group from Sandy Hook and the Wounded Warriors will form two gauntlets – one for each tunnel connecting to the Giants and Eagles locker rooms. The teams will run through the gauntlets onto the field.

When the teams are on the field, the Sandy Hook residents, Wounded Warriors and players and coaches from both teams will circle the field for the national anthem and a moment of silence before the game.

"It means a great deal to us and we would certainly like to honor them and the best we can do is take each individual and play to the best of his ability and make a statement as a team as well," Coughlin said. "We're not alone in our passion and empathy for the school and for their lost loved ones. I'm sure
    the entire country feels that way, but it's special for us to have them here this weekend." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Very nice tribute.........
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Veteran
    Does this mean we're gonna lose?

Quote Originally Posted by drewz View Post
    Does this mean we're gonna lose?
    thats an odd response for a tribute towards such a tragic incident.....

WTF??
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

If anything theyll whoop the eagles. They seem to have a knack for responding to tragedy.

Veteran
    I appreciate the tribute but the Giants have responded very poorly to tragedies in terms of the way they played.

Quote Originally Posted by gfanblue View Post
    If anything theyll whoop the eagles. They seem to have a knack for responding to tragedy.
    Like they did in atlanta or baltimore?

Giants better step up, and give those kids that have gone through so much tragedy and heartbreak lately something to be happy about for a change..

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    We need a tight end,
    repeat, again and again
    ToadofSteel's mantra.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud57 View Post
    I appreciate the tribute but the Giants have responded very poorly to tragedies in terms of the way they played.
    It's not about them winning a football game. It's about giving thesse peoople, who have suffered an unspeakable tragedy, something else to focus on besides their grief for a brief time.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Donated my front row Mezz Tix to "Touchdowns for Teens". I hope they are used for these folks. I lived most of my life in that area. That will be a deep and soulful beginning to the game.

Quote Originally Posted by keyofgmen View Post
    Donated my front row Mezz Tix to "Touchdowns for Teens". I hope they are used for these folks. I lived most of my life in that area. That will be a deep and soulful beginning to the game.
    That was a very generous thing to do, I am sure it will be appreciated.
    Last edited by RoanokeFan; 12-29-2012 at 03:33 PM.