+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The SECOND HALF SWOON

I think it's time as fans to have a serious discussion about this. This is now, I believe the 4th or 5th year in a row where we started off hot, then cooled off to end up either missing the playoffs or making it barely (Thankfully we got a ring one of those years).

Any theories as to why this happens time and time again? It's become almost traditional with this particular team.

Who or what is to blame? Coaches? Players?

Schedule-makers?

Quote Originally Posted by Pop it Ahmad View Post
    I think it's time as fans to have a serious discussion about this. This is now, I believe the 4th or 5th year in a row where we started off hot, then cooled off to end up either missing the playoffs or making it barely (Thankfully we got a ring one of those years).

Any theories as to why this happens time and time again? It's become almost traditional with this particular team.

Who or what is to blame? Coaches? Players?

Schedule-makers?
    Players come and go. The only constant is the HC. I hope you can put the two together and figure it out because obviously the Giants management can't.

Yep 6-2 to 9-7 means another 3-5 second half and no playoffs. This has happened all to often

they feel too comfortable with their 6-2 starts then they let down

We relax, and show no intensity.
    Our coaches obviously can't get through to the players in the middle of the season where things are picking up.

It's really incomprehensible...if it was once or twice I could just say it's a coincidence, but this has happened way too many times, there certainly is a problem but I couldn't tell you what it is

Quote Originally Posted by giantsforce View Post
    Players come and go. The only constant is the HC. I hope you can put the two together and figure it out because obviously the Giants management can't.
    Your opinion is similar to mine in part. I think that you take the good and the bad with Tommy boy. He brings a lot to the table, unfortunately he is a "perfect" coach, no one is. So when I see him consistently do the same stupid things, year in year out, it pisses me off. But I stop and think about the good things he brings and it makes me stop and take a breathe.

I'd like to see the suits do their job and inform their HC what he's missing and tell tommy to start doing it. Then again, does that philosophy work? I don't think it would with a hard headed dude like tommy but who knows, especially with him wearing 2 rings . Go Giants!

Quote Originally Posted by egyptian420 View Post
    It's really incomprehensible...if it was once or twice I could just say it's a coincidence, but this has happened way too many times, there certainly is a problem but I couldn't tell you what it is

I feel so bad for Coughlin too. We feel bad about it, but this is HIS team that he's coaching, and it''s falling under him.

Quote Originally Posted by Pop it Ahmad View Post
    I feel so bad for Coughlin too. We feel bad about it, but this is HIS team that he's coaching, and it''s falling under him.
    Mara needs to do something about this, I hope he shakes things up this offseason, it's one thing to miss the playoffs, it's another to start every year with a superb record and effort and have the whole world saying we're the best team in the NFL (not the division, not the conference, the whole friggin league) .....and then right on cue, we start collapsing like a game of Jenga....to me that's much more disheartening than a team like the Raiders who's already disqualified by week 7

The problem is he and the players don't know why it happens. It almost seems inevitable.