+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Coughlin Padding stats -this is what i was afraid of

Iv commented many times about leaving starters in in blow out whether we win or lose and bulk up stats so that the end of a losing season it looks good on paper and nothing changes the next season.

yeah im glad we beat the egals at least , but this thing bothers me.

Quote Originally Posted by Harooni View Post
    Iv commented many times about leaving starters in in blow out whether we win or lose and bulk up stats so that the end of a losing season it looks good on paper and nothing changes the next season.

yeah im glad we beat the egals at least , but this thing bothers me.

One problem with that..... The Fans wont let them forget it. Stats mean nothing if your sitting at home during the playoffs.

You don't think they take it into consideration? Do you really think that's coughlin's motive too?
    ...the tortillas are dry...

Its not like he let Eli pull a breese and throw an extra 2 td's in the last 3 minutes...... he pulled him.. what stats did he pad besides the margin of victory

Quote Originally Posted by Ladder27 View Post
    One problem with that..... The Fans wont let them forget it. Stats mean nothing if your sitting at home during the playoffs.
    well really if you look around the messsage board it does in a way pacify fans. they will say we beat so and so by this much ,and eli had this many td's on the year and so on.
    Last edited by Harooni; 12-30-2012 at 04:43 PM.

its necessary to pad stats to keep fans interested!

you could also say some are playing for jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by KillaRich View Post
    Its not like he let Eli pull a breese and throw an extra 2 td's in the last 3 minutes...... he pulled him.. what stats did he pad besides the margin of victory
    im not talking about this one game, i was saying he does it all the time, like down 3 scores and 2 min left and eli will drive for a garbage td. and yes i do think the FO looks at scores and how close we win or lose.

Quote Originally Posted by Harooni View Post
    well really if you look around the messsage board it does in a way pacify fans. they will say we beat so and so and eli had this many td's on the year and so on.
    No, definitely not. No one is forgetting being 2 games ahead in the division and squandering it all due to yet another second half swoon.
    For a Giant fan that I personally knew: My mom. May she smile and be delighted whenever her favorite player - Victor Cruz - scores a touchdown and does his salsa dance.

Thank you mom for everything! Let's Go Giants!

... And I always thought the knock on Coughlin and crew was they didn't know how to keep their foot on the gas and finish opponents.Historically the Giants don't blow out anyone either, definitely not enough where you can derive any tendencies on the rare occasion it does happen.
    ...the tortillas are dry...

Well I could only careless as a fan about only one stat thats win and loses. Anything else is meaningless. If stats are what i wanted from my team i would be a cowboys fan.