+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

So far, we have missed the playoffs 3 out of the last 4 years.

So we won the Superbowl last year, great. However, our inconsistency has cost us big time. I don't know about you guys but i take nothing positive from this game. I'm heartbroken and depressed. Knowing that their will be playoff football next week and the Giants won't be there really hurts.

Something needs to be done about this "inconsistency" cause this is getting really out of hand. Our division opponents are only going to get better.

Giants need to get back to a winning formula and build this team through the trenches. I want the Oline revamped this off-season and the Dline to have some changes as well. Tuck and Osi need to go and JPP needs to take it to the next level.

1st round in the draft needs to go to either Oline or Dline. Linebacker and corner in rounds 2 and 3.

Great post. There is an issue with consistency and depth. We need to draft better!! our first four to five round picks need to contribute on the off and def. just not on special teams.. I think CB might be our number one need. Webster due to make 9 mil. Way to much for his the kind of performances he has had. He either restructures or gets the chop. Rolle might be out also, all talk and nothing to back it up. Phillips is a FA. Although we need a stud OT, Interior DL, and MLB.

A linebacker is not going to help with consistency. This isn't a personnel issue as it's been present for years.

The 2nd half collapses have been there since 2004. The roster has completely turned over in most spots.

Rebuilding the O-line is however an idea whose time has already come and gone, they were cracking in 2008. No more patching, rebuild.

And time to restock the D-line.

Quote Originally Posted by jaxnygmen View Post
    Great post. There is an issue with consistency and depth. We need to draft better!! our first four to five round picks need to contribute on the off and def. just not on special teams.. I think CB might be our number one need. Webster due to make 9 mil. Way to much for his the kind of performances he has had. He either restructures or gets the chop. Rolle might be out also, all talk and nothing to back it up. Phillips is a FA. Although we need a stud OT, Interior DL, and MLB.
    I agree with most of what you said except the part about Rolle. He was arguably our best defensive player this season. Because of our other deficiencies Rolle is asked to do a lot more than most safeties.

Quote Originally Posted by gumby74 View Post
    I think the problem is with the co-ordinators. They don't know how to adjust when injuries hit. At the midway point in the season, that's when injuries start piling up no?

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    We need a tight end,
    repeat, again and again
    ToadofSteel's mantra.

Quote Originally Posted by gumby74 View Post
    I think the problem is with the co-ordinators. They don't know how to adjust when injuries hit. At the midway point in the season, that's when injuries start piling up no?
    You would think that Coughlin with all his experience and such would have been able to understand that, wouldn't you? But being a bystander in the sidelines and let your coordinators do the same thing without any adjustments, get you out of the playoffs in a hurry despite the 2 game lead in the division. Just utter failure all around.

Missing the playoffs or going one and done in the postseason is the norm for this team. Some of us (myself too) might be slightly guilty of expecting too much from this team in the big picture. We had two fantastic runs in 07 and 11 and while this era will never be spoken in the same light as the 80s top tier defense team, it's still something to be proud and appreciative of. With more young and hungry players joining the team in the upcoming offseason, we'll see more of an urge and passion to win.

Some of you Giants fan are crazy!!! 2 Super Bowl wins in 5 years and we are always in the mix of making the playoffs! The grass is always greener, right??
    Let me ask you: what franchise are you envy of?