+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Nicks is good, but our offensive line is more important.

Besides the reverse to jennigan, i didnt see Kg do much from what he usually does. wilson caught a td and bradshaw made a big catch on the same route, but is that play calling or eli deciding to throw to the running back? ive seen our running backs run that route many times.

In my opinion the difference between why we played good on offense this week and why we played bad last week had to mostly do with the offensive line. Eli had a lot of time to throw and running lanes were wide open today. Huge difference from last week.

Instead of worrying so much about adding or losing weapons on offense, i say just build A good Line around ELi and we will be fine. A good quarter back can bring out the talent it receivers and make them look good. a good offensive line will make any running back look good. A good offensive line and quarterback should = a good offense.

for the up coming draft id like to see offensive linemen and linebackers. we are badly in need of some linebackers. maybe 1 defensive end. But it think our number 1 priority is to solidify the offensive line and build our offense around it.

What are your thoughts?
    Last edited by Marvelousmik; 12-30-2012 at 09:39 PM.

It's amazing how different a game looks when the OL opens holes for the backs (and the backs hit them) and is able to pass protect long enough to allow Eli to go through his progressions. Also helps when the WRs are able to uncover like they did today.

Admittedly, I didn't watch the Falcons game (just couldn't bring myself to watch the tape, listening to it on the radio was bad enough), but the Baltimore game was all about the execution, or lack thereof, by the OL. They didn't open any holes for the backs (not that the defense allowed us to establish a running game) and allowed Eli to be absolutely harassed all day. Kind of hard to throw the ball from your back.

30th ranked defense with no pass rush at all most of the season.

Offense isnt even a concern for me. They can find guys like locklear in FA for cheap.

+1

during our 1st SB, we clearly had the best d-line in the NFL and one of the best o lines in the NFL. and it was like that for a few years after that win as well.

we didn't have the best d line for most of last year but we did when it counted. and we won in spite of our o line that couldn't run block to save its life.

we have, at best, average lines on both sides of the ball now. our 1st SB win a totally fresh and green Tuck was our 3rd DE, now he's the injured and aged starter, Osi's career is winding down clearly. and we've broke the bank on the interior of the line and got average play at best.

look no further than that the two lines for why things aren't as good anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelousmik View Post
    In my opinion the difference between why we played good on offense this week and why we played bad last week had to mostly do with the offensive line.
    The difference was we were playing at home against an awful defense that already mailed it in.

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    30th ranked defense with no pass rush at all most of the season.

Offense isnt even a concern for me. They can find guys like locklear in FA for cheap.
    I am beginning to truly see the importance of the trenches. Our defensive line didnt get a lot of sacks today but they were able to get pressure on vick. it could be due to blitzes but when we are able to rush the passer our defense plays great and when our o line plays good our offense looks dominant. I say just build both lines. I'd like to still see us pick up at least 1 linebacker nonetheless. any good free agents coming out?

I agree, you win and lose because of your lines. Randle has shown he has tremendous talent. Cruz is a must but nicks is too often injured and I would rather have a strong oline that can open holes for wilson, ab and hopefully brown if he is back. Start hoping for the barden experiment again? Welll perhaps not that far but nicks will demand more than we have to spend.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelousmik View Post
    Besides the reverse to jennigan, i didnt see Kg do much from what he usually does. wilson caught a td and bradshaw made a big catch on the same route, but is that play calling or eli deciding to throw to the running back? ive seen our running backs run that route many times.

In my opinion the difference between why we played good on offense this week and why we played bad last week had to mostly do with the offensive line. Eli had a lot of time to throw and running lanes were wide open today. Huge difference from last week.

Instead of worrying so much about adding or losing weapons on offense, i say just build A good Line around ELi and we will be fine. A good quarter back can bring out the talent it receivers and make them look good. a good offensive line will make any running back look good. A good offensive line and quarterback should = a good offense.

for the up coming draft id like to see offensive linemen and linebackers. we are badly in need of some linebackers. maybe 1 defensive end. But it think our number 1 priority is to solidify the offensive line and build our offense around it.

What are your thoughts?
    agreed. with elis talent, it doesnt matter the offensive system as long as he is given time. Its why the knock on KG is shared by so many. When the OL isnt doing a good job and giving up tons of pressure, KG doesnt mix it up. When the OL does its job, the results are more often like today.

Build an OL for Eli that rivals the best OL in the NFL and our offense will be much more consistent imo. u agreed with that bitter eagles fan too huh lol

Gilbride called far more creative plays than he has all year.

He called a wheel route for crying out loud....

Gilly definitely expanded the playbook this game. Sure we've seen Wilson run a route before(Packers game I believe? or N.O.?) but not two in the same game. Especially to that extent... Bradshaw burned the LBer lol

The O-line is the most important aspect of our team outside of Eli, agreed.
    ALL IN!!!!!!!!

I'm ALL IN are you?

"Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

#80 - Get well soon Vic

I agree that Eli would benefit greatly from an OL that consistently performs at a high level.