+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

David Wilson as a slot receiver

I think this could be a huge advantage for us in our play calling. think about it with his speed he can probably outrun some of the DBs around the league. it would be a match-up nightmare for most of the defenses around the league. maybe it is something giants can work on during the off season along with his ability to block.

This post makes no sense.

We already have a great slot receiver (Cruz)
    Lets stick Wilson at his original position, and give him 18-25 carries a game. And would like to see him used more in the passing game.

Giants fan since the early 80s

Veteran
    I emailed your idea to Coughlin. I'll let you know what he thinks about it.

Because Wilson is fast, he's a mismatch in the slot? Is that the same logic as Barden is tall, he's a great redzone threat?

We went from direct snap failures to the RB to sending them out to aid the passing game every now and then (not necessarily slot of course). That's an improvement.

David Wilson as the Giants Denard Robinson LOLOLOLOLOL

Cruz isnt good enough for you?

I still think the scenario can be a threat. cant we have 2 slot receivers, one on each side? or what if we line up cruz as a WR or maybe he is out of the game for a play or two. Kind of like we used to use Shockey as a slot receiver to create match up problems. if they bring in a DB to cover then leave him lined up as a RB or move him up the line if they leave in their base package. maybe not every down but as a variation.

Real life doesn't work like Madden