+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
    All-Pro

Statistical Difference between Eli's 2012 and 2011 regular season

If you look at the stats between 2012 and 2011 regular seasons.

Eli threw 1 less intercept, 9 less sacks, and 3 less fumbles lost in 2012 compared to 2011. There were 50 less pass attempts in 2012 but, nevertheles, Eli had fewer "bad plays" per attempt.

The real difference is Eli went from 8.4 yards per attempt to 7.4 this year.

What was gone or the big reduction was in the "big gainers". There is no doubt that it is attributable to loss of Manningham and the injury to Nicks above all else.

I also think defenses took the big gainer away from the Giants this year.

End of the day, the Giants finished 9-7 with a tough schedule and tons of key injuries. I do not think it was as bad as some posters would paint the season. I think people need to be realistic of what we achieved with what we had. I also think throwing people who won 2 Superbowls under a bus (whether it is Eli or TC or whoever) is a little short sighted.

Never stopped to look at the numbers, but it seems pretty consistent with what I've been saying. Interesting post.

I don't understand how he's "regressed".

Consistency was the big difference from this year to last.

Giants fan since the early 80s

I can see that. Eli was supported by a great receiving corps last year. Cruz, Nicks, MM, Ballard. And the Healthy Bradshaw/Jacobs tandem. With MM and Ballard gone, and Nicks hurt 3/4 of the season, Nobody stepped up and filled the 3rd receiver well. Benett did fill in nicely for Ballard, but I think its a downgrade. Jernigan, Hixon, and randle were spotty at best this year. I think we need to go into a 2 TE set

we need a younger oline n nicks healthy. end of story

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    I don't understand how he's "regressed".
    Neither do I.

I say the offense let him down this year more than anything.
    ALL IN!!!!!!!!

I'm ALL IN are you?

"Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post
    Never stopped to look at the numbers, but it seems pretty consistent with what I've been saying. Interesting post.
    I agree. Your point in the other thread on the difference healthy playmakers makes to this offense could easily reconcile the difference in the numbers. The WR's YAC gave Eli's stats a good boost last year, that was missing this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasman View Post
    I agree. Your point in the other thread on the difference healthy playmakers makes to this offense could easily reconcile the difference in the numbers. The WR's YAC gave Eli's stats a good boost last year, that was missing this year.
    Yup definitely helped the stats. Well, I mean it helped the offense as a whole.

Quote Originally Posted by Markroman View Post
    If you look at the stats between 2012 and 2011 regular seasons.

Eli threw 1 less intercept, 9 less sacks, and 3 less fumbles lost in 2012 compared to 2011. There were 50 less pass attempts in 2012 but, nevertheles, Eli had fewer "bad plays" per attempt.

The real difference is Eli went from 8.4 yards per attempt to 7.4 this year.

What was gone or the big reduction was in the "big gainers". There is no doubt that it is attributable to loss of Manningham and the injury to Nicks above all else.

I also think defenses took the big gainer away from the Giants this year.

End of the day, the Giants finished 9-7 with a tough schedule and tons of key injuries. I do not think it was as bad as some posters would paint the season. I think people need to be realistic of what we achieved with what we had. I also think throwing people who won 2 Superbowls under a bus (whether it is Eli or TC or whoever) is a little short sighted.

All things considered, do you think Eli played as well as he did in 2011?
    http://boards.giants.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=25347&dateline=138526  4905