+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Starter

IN A COUPLE OF DAYS ?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't TC just say that, in the next couple of days, he's going to find out why we just fell apart again? I know we'll beat this subject up for awhile and a lot of people on this board offered some good reasons. However, our HC is now going to talk to some players to help figure it out.
    Well I thought I was totally confused and upset before but I wasn't totally. I may be totally now but I'm not sure, Could this get any worse? Do you think he could have had this conversation a couple of weeks ago or even sooner than that ? Whose is he going to talk to ? Osi said today he was happy. Eli said we got out played the previous 2 games,(that's a good reason), no need to ask him. Tuck will be home nursing his sore shoulder. He can't ask Randall or Wilson because he didn't play them until the end of the season. I would suggest Carr he works the game from the sideline and helps plot it out.
    Anyone know what to do when your team's HC, is confused and guys like Fewell said his defensive plans were sound and the players were in the right positions but they did something wrong. To paraphrase the words of Apollo 13s commander; New York I think we have a problem here.

Quote Originally Posted by eml View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't TC just say that, in the next couple of days, he's going to find out why we just fell apart again? I know we'll beat this subject up for awhile and a lot of people on this board offered some good reasons. However, our HC is now going to talk to some players to help figure it out.
    Well I thought I was totally confused and upset before but I wasn't totally. I may be totally now but I'm not sure, Could this get any worse? Do you think he could have had this conversation a couple of weeks ago or even sooner than that ? Whose is he going to talk to ? Osi said today he was happy. Eli said we got out played the previous 2 games,(that's a good reason), no need to ask him. Tuck will be home nursing his sore shoulder. He can't ask Randall or Wilson because he didn't play them until the end of the season. I would suggest Carr he works the game from the sideline and helps plot it out.
    Anyone know what to do when your team's HC, is confused and guys like Fewell said his defensive plans were sound and the players were in the right positions but they did something wrong. To paraphrase the words of Apollo 13s commander; New York I think we have a problem here.
    Brilliant deduction Sherlock!!! I've been saying the same thing since the start of the season when Dallas kicked our butts in the first game. I saw the schemes that Fewell used and couldn't understand why Dallas's receivers were getting so wide open so much of the time. Than I saw the scheme that Fewell employed and asked myself why the hell is constantly going into a zone defense when he sees that it's not working. The receivers are getting wide open especially going over the middle and Witten was running rampart with it. There was no pass rush and this guy was staying with the same defensive schemes throughout the game. Fewell doesn't know how to use the talent we have.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by BK07071 View Post
    Brilliant deduction Sherlock!!! I've been saying the same thing since the start of the season when Dallas kicked our butts in the first game. I saw the schemes that Fewell used and couldn't understand why Dallas's receivers were getting so wide open so much of the time. Than I saw the scheme that Fewell employed and asked myself why the hell is constantly going into a zone defense when he sees that it's not working. The receivers are getting wide open especially going over the middle and Witten was running rampart with it. There was no pass rush and this guy was staying with the same defensive schemes throughout the game. Fewell doesn't know how to use the talent we have.
    I would agree its the coaching. I mean if you start to falter at the midseason point every friggin season. Its either the players get very tired, you have very bad luck or your coaching schemes are the equivalent of having the code 1-2-3-4-5 for your luggage.

Veteran
    TC won't find out anything.

Nice job closing the barn door after the horse run away! Why did he not ask these questions after the Dallas loss? My guess is because he is just a bystander HC who lets his coordinators game plan and when things go wrong, he has no idea how to fix it. Most people here think he is a good coach, but he is not that good. He has more 2nd half collapses than any other coach in recent memory.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by giantsforce View Post
    Nice job closing the barn door after the horse run away! Why did he not ask these questions after the Dallas loss? My guess is because he is just a bystander HC who lets his coordinators game plan and when things go wrong, he has no idea how to fix it. Most people here think he is a good coach, but he is not that good. He has more 2nd half collapses than any other coach in recent memory.
    he may not be a 'good' coach but he's not a bad coach either since he won us 2 SB. He is what he is.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud57 View Post
    he may not be a 'good' coach but he's not a bad coach either since he won us 2 SB. He is what he is.
    Yes they won two SB with it, but can our team afford to keep a DC that has a defense ranked 31st?!?! I mean we have our problems, but seriously we also have a lot of talent in that defense. Fewell said that he is putting people in position to succeed but that clearly didn't happen when CW got torched on 1 on 1 against the Ravens. Our defense may not be one of the top 10 or even top 15, but it's most certainly not 31st.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by gabriel_1 View Post
    Yes they won two SB with it, but can our team afford to keep a DC that has a defense ranked 31st?!?! I mean we have our problems, but seriously we also have a lot of talent in that defense. Fewell said that he is putting people in position to succeed but that clearly didn't happen when CW got torched on 1 on 1 against the Ravens. Our defense may not be one of the top 10 or even top 15, but it's most certainly not 31st.
    I I think Fewell should go but it's TC's decision and I don't think he'll make a change

He did not wins us 2 SBs. He just happened to stand in the sidelines when the players decided it was time to win it all. Certainly his coaching has done nothing to benefit the Giants. From the 2nd half collapses under him to not being able to use the available talent because he thinks "they are not NFL ready" he contributed more to the detriment of this team than anyone else. I guess you are right, he is what he is: a bystander. He should have gone out on a high note while he could.

I I think Fewell should go but it's TC's decision and I don't think he'll make a change
    I also don't believe he will make the change, but I believe anyone in this forum would agree that our defense shouldn't be ranked 31st. The only team ranked below us is the Saints. They've been going through a complex process of legal actions with the bounty problem. Maybe if that didn't happen and we say that if they didn't have this off-field issues, they would probably be less worse. Therefore we would be proximate the worst defense in the league. Horrible, no words for it.