+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Bench Player

What do you guys think for 2013

With all the years of ignoring LB and OL in the draft, it seems to have caught up.Will any of us be content with Paysinger, Williams, and Herzlich starting for us next year?With our cap situation keeping Boley looks to be less than 50%. Blackburn is a nice player but he's not a shutdown LB.Kiwanuka needs to move back to DE once Osi and Tuck are gone (yes, cut Tuck).JPP, Kiwi, Ojomo, Tracy I see as our DE rotation next season.DT is a messy situation it looks like that Austin pick won't pan out.T2 can't be brought back, so if Webster is cut do you guys feel comfortable with Prince and Hosley with Tryon in there? Especially with their injury issues I certainly don't.Safety. Is KP worth resigning ? With our cap tight I don't see him coming back and see Brown with Rolle back there in 2013.BTW don't be surprised to see Giants bring in McClain on the cheap next year.Draft :LBOLCBDTOLLBK

"I test how other people deal with reality"
    I think the front office put us in a poor cap situation and we now have very little for FA this summer.

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Harooni View Post
    I think the front office put us in a poor cap situation and we now have very little for FA this summer.
    You may as well just set a forum rule to post this at the end of every season since its been true last number of years.
    Saw one site showing the Giants had the least amount of cap space in the NFC East.

I'm gonna split up each point
    Quote Originally Posted by FOFORLIFE View Post
    With all the years of ignoring LB and OL in the draft, it seems to have caught up.
    Indeed. No arguments here. We need to draft OL exclusively the first 3 rounds.

Will any of us be content with Paysinger, Williams, and Herzlich starting for us next year?With our cap situation keeping Boley looks to be less than 50%. Blackburn is a nice player but he's not a shutdown LB.Kiwanuka needs to move back to DE once Osi and Tuck are gone.
    I think Blackburn has one more year left in him. Williams and Rivers can still do some damage (and if they both rotate on strong side we can maximize health between the two). Boley I think stays and finishes his career as a Giant.

(yes, cut Tuck).
    Either that or force him to take a massive paycut and make him rotational only.

JPP, Kiwi, Ojomo, Tracy I see as our DE rotation next season.
    I'm 100% on board with that.

DT is a messy situation it looks like that Austin pick won't pan out.
    Yet the team is going to give him barden-level leverage. Ugh. At least we get Markus Kuhn back next year as well, so he can rotate in with Canty and Linval (Bernard should be gone)

T2 can't be brought back, so if Webster is cut do you guys feel comfortable with Prince and Hosley with Tryon in there? Especially with their injury issues I certainly don't.
    Safety. Is KP worth resigning ? With our cap tight I don't see him coming back and see Brown with Rolle back there in 2013.
    I think we can convert Will Hill to full-time slot corner. KP Stevie and Rolle will be our safety group. I think with his injury history, KP can be gotten for cheaper, to be completely honest... We would need to sink a 3rd or 4th into CB for depth, but Prince/Hosley should be our starting combo, with Hill as slot corner. KP Rolle and Stevie complement each other perfectly, and have a wide range of skill sets between them. That is what makes the 3 safety set work more than just putting 3 guys in the safety position out there. Rolle is great vs the run for a safety and plays great in the box, Stevie is a great ball hawk, and KP is great covering deep.

Thank you Reddit for the best gif ever.

Since the 3 stooges will be back, we are guaranteed of another 2nd half collapse and no playoffs again. If you think just bringing new players, especially through the draft, will make a difference, then get ready for some more disappointment.

All-Pro
    They are not that far off. Patch up the OL and DL. They have a bunch of young play makers in offense. Just have to stay healthy. With a year under their belt Wilson and Randle could make this offense really good again. Of course this is if Nicks can stay healthy. They have a lot of good young players in their secondary. They will née to work on the DL. They live on pressuring the QB which they did not do a old job of this year.

Next year's schedule is more manageable and hopefully that means one or two more wins if they can fix the OL and DL and DBs we'll be in good shape as long as the WRs are healthy.

Between Oline,LB,DE,DT,CB go BPA the whole thought the draft no matter what.....sorry,but no project picks outta nowhere, just straight BPA.... Restructure contracts,cut dead weight & hopefully we can manage Atleast 1 big FA signing & a few quality bargains....

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by giantsforce View Post
    Since the 3 stooges will be back, we are guaranteed of another 2nd half collapse and no playoffs again. If you think just bringing new players, especially through the draft, will make a difference, then get ready for some more disappointment.
    yeah cause it's not like we have a winning record every year and almost always make the playoffs right? geez.. bitter much?

I sure hope the FO forces coughlins hand by making him change coaching syaff primarily at OC and DC. our game changes are required. cut AB and stick with Brown and whoever else wo have. get rid (release) osi and tuck, they have no more tread. we need to focus on LB and OL exclusively this April
    Formerly Brandon Jacobs