+ Reply to Thread

Player Answers to Coughlin's Question

Okay... after hearing that TC is going to ask the players "what in the world happened" the last two weeks before the Eagle's game, I couldn't help but laugh as I was thinking about what the players reaction would be.

Of course, I look forward to my Giant Message Board colleagues to fill in that blank. Before you guys sound off... here are some of mine:

The D-Line: "We weren't having fun out there."
    Webster: "Hold on, I'll tell you in a minute. I'm a little behind the question just like I am on most receivers that come my way."
    David Wilson: "I can't comment, the coaches told me I'm not NFL-ready enough to answer that question."
    David Diehl: "I'm a little behind the block on that one... get back to you later."
    Osi: "For a little more money I could answer that."
    Die-hard Giants fan since the early 60's!

(a) the time to ask was when it was happening, not at the end of the season.
    (b) This is the 9th straight year it happened and it took until NOW to get curious?

He needs to ask himself, not the players.

Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    He needs to ask himself, not the players.
    I would also include Gilbride and Fewell in the discussion... they are also culpable.
    Die-hard Giants fan since the early 60's!

Quote Originally Posted by SweetZombieJesus View Post
    (a) the time to ask was when it was happening, not at the end of the season.
    (b) This is the 9th straight year it happened and it took until NOW to get curious?
    b) The fact that we won the SB twice hides the issues that are still present. Remember, prior to this year, everyone was saying how great our defense was when in fact it was absolute crap for most of the season. 2nd half collapses have always been a serious problem and it's a reason why I was never a fan of TCs.