+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Osi, Others May End Up Elsewhere

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/giant...5MT51WP2NfnSZL

Excerpt: "With their season coming to an abrupt end after a 42-7 win over the Eagles Sunday, the Giants know their core could get broken up.

Osi Umenyiora is among a host of free agents who might not return, and he sounds like a man resigned to playing elsewhere in 2013.
    Im just happy. If it is [my last game], then Im just happy to have been in this situation and to have played for this organization, played for this team and to have accomplished the things that weve accomplished here as a team, Umenyiora said. You never know whats going to happen, but if indeed it is, then it is what it is and Im going to go out smiling. It was a great victory.

Umenyiora signed a two-year contract extension before the start of the season, with an easily voidable second season at just $1 million. With the defensive end posting just six sacks, the Giants are expected to make him a free agent. Umenyiora did not seemed overly worked up or emotional at the prospect of departing." Read more...
    Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience. MB Rule # 1

# 80

No Osi. What player will be the next one to start the soap opera next year. (Tiki Shockey Strahan) missing some but you get the drift I am sure.

How did the gps work did you find that young whipper snapper.
    Bill Loyal to the NYG logo

Osi even said about a week ago that some players might not be here next season, to include himself. I think he is resigned to the fact that the FO won't bring a contract worth what he is looking for. But I have seen how he has lost a step. JPP, Linval joseph, and a few others should stay. I think JPP is still serviceable and Kiwi should move back up front on the defensive line. Webster should be the first to go. miserable cornerback. I don't think osi is serviceable for any team. I think his career is over. What about the TUCK rule? Tuck might be let go. I see (maybe) some lean dry years for a spell for this team as we repair/replace some players that must be expunged. Thank GOD for FA and releasing players. I'd release players straight up to lower our cap problems.. pick and choose our battles.

Coaching staff changes (my opinion only), I've said before, TC stays and KG will more then likely stay with him. Tom has too many 2 half collapses of seasons and games, He might be serviceable somewhere else. yeah live by the 2 SB's however a good coach demands and garners respect from his players and it seems that these guys don't respect TC. Perry Fewell is a definite no-go for us. don't let the door hit you in the butt on the way out guy.

heck, even fire the waterboy... fresh blood, hungry players, cowher said he'd like to coach in NY not long ago I remember
    Formerly Brandon Jacobs

I know he was kissing the fans goodbye at the stadium, and he even didn't know what that was about, but I think his time MAY be up.... I expect huge changes for next year, but who knows? This team never fails to surprise me.

As much as I would love to see Osi stay I think he's gone. I don't really think the lack of production is all his fault, I think PF needs to share some of the blame also. The way the Giants are built is to attack, when ever we sent more than 4 guys at a time statistically we were always better and we won majority of the games. For some reason instead of playing to our strengths PF played to our weaknesses. Ya we had a lot of turnovers but what good are those if we can't get off the field. Play some press coverage, allow the blitz and our pass rush to get there and allow our defense to get off the field so they can stay fresh.

Quote Originally Posted by ibbill View Post
    No Osi. What player will be the next one to start the soap opera next year. (Tiki Shockey Strahan) missing some but you get the drift I am sure.

How did the gps work did you find that young whipper snapper.
    LOL He decided to saty home in warmth and comfort
    Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience. MB Rule # 1

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    LOL He decided to saty home in warmth and comfort
    Rats was waiting to hear how you slapped him up the side of the head. lol
    Bill Loyal to the NYG logo

Quote Originally Posted by GIANTSED101 View Post
    As much as I would love to see Osi stay I think he's gone. I don't really think the lack of production is all his fault, I think PF needs to share some of the blame also. The way the Giants are built is to attack, when ever we sent more than 4 guys at a time statistically we were always better and we won majority of the games. For some reason instead of playing to our strengths PF played to our weaknesses. Ya we had a lot of turnovers but what good are those if we can't get off the field. Play some press coverage, allow the blitz and our pass rush to get there and allow our defense to get off the field so they can stay fresh.
    I think Osi is gone, and maybe its for the better put kiwi back on the line........ But I agree about PF.... Relying on the front 4 was wrong and innefective... But since PFis one of the most stubborn coaches I seen he would not change.....

The D-Line was not as beasty as said to be... Just bringing that one extra guy was most of the time successful... Yet Fewell was just being stupid and reluctant.... Freaking Blackburn would get sacks when the extra pressure was brought...to bad it was only like 1% of the time

His bend dont break defense was also idiotic at times.... The opposing team could have a 3 and 15 at the GIANTS 40 yard line and he would STILL play prevent!!! Most of the time they got the first anyways ...but the rest was inviting them to get those 5-10 yards for pretty much a free FG attempt....Just baffles me..

I would like both new coordinators but I have eaten Gilbride crow so much before ...so I can accept him staying...although i would like a new scheme out there..... But PF must go

His stubbornness kills him... He found the formula late last season.... but decides to stay with his bend dont break defense.... Please dont extend this ignorant fool

Quote Originally Posted by GIANTSED101 View Post
    That's why we need a healthy KP. PF blitzes more with KP back...

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    That's why we need a healthy KP. PF blitzes more with KP back...
    Even with KP out Will Hill was pretty effective on the blitz and run stopping when he was in. I just think he was pretty way to much pressure on the front 4. Plus our DT rotation was horrible, no depth at all.