+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Smile 2013 NFL Draft Order: New York Giants will select 19th

By Ed Valentine on Dec 31, 7:00a 75
    http://www.bigblueview.com/2012/12/3...ll-select-19th

19th is no man’s land in the draft. One of the worst things that can happen to a team in the NFL these days is have a winning record and fail to make the playoffs. It sets off a vicious cycle of mediocrity.
    That is, if you don’t have a plan. The Giants have a plan (good luck trying to figure it out), and this could be the year they make some radical moves to shake things up. They have been an 8, 9, 10 win team the past few seasons and should be better. GM Jerry Reese may finally feel he needs to make bolder strokes with personnel rather than the under-the-radar ones he’s been making.
    Last edited by jakegibbs; 12-31-2012 at 09:55 AM.

I think having a top 5 pick this year is no mans land. Im not sure there are any 100% elite draft picks. I like Jarvis Jones, Id probably take him #1, but after that, who knows. We got Prince at 19. Either way, there should be some good pass rushers at 19 available for us. Thats where I would go with the pick.

5trive for Fiv5

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    I think having a top 5 pick this year is no mans land. Im not sure there are any 100% elite draft picks. I like Jarvis Jones, Id probably take him #1, but after that, who knows. We got Prince at 19. Either way, there should be some good pass rushers at 19 available for us. Thats where I would go with the pick.
    O line 1st then D line then CB then LB then ???????

Mid-Late first rounders are the best value in the draft.

Besides, the teams that are picking in the top 10 need a lot more help than we do. One man does not make a team.

Quote Originally Posted by RagTime Blue View Post
    Mid-Late first rounders are the best value in the draft.
    Eh, not so much now with the rookie salary cap.

All-Pro
    Didn't they get Prince with the 19th pick?

I trust JR will know what to do when the time comes.
    the "realist" is a lazy piece of crap that works on his tan while sipping a margarita,
    the pessimist changes the sails while complaining about the lazy piece of crap,
    and the optimist changes the sails while hoping the lazy piece of crap will start to do his share of the work.

Maybe we could trade out of the first round like Belicheck usually does and get extra picks. JR does better with the late rounds than the early ones. Yeah it's more of a crapshoot, but more chances means it's more likely we'll find a gem.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    We need a tight end,
    repeat, again and again
    ToadofSteel's mantra.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    Maybe we could trade out of the first round like Belicheck usually does and get extra picks. JR does better with the late rounds than the early ones. Yeah it's more of a crapshoot, but more chances means it's more likely we'll find a gem.
    How do you figure that? Hes done great in the first round.

Quote Originally Posted by jakegibbs View Post
    By Ed Valentine on Dec 31, 7:00a 75
    http://www.bigblueview.com/2012/12/3...ll-select-19th

19th is no man’s land in the draft. One of the worst things that can happen to a team in the NFL these days is have a winning record and fail to make the playoffs. It sets off a vicious cycle of mediocrity.
    That is, if you don’t have a plan. The Giants have a plan (good luck trying to figure it out), and this could be the year they make some radical moves to shake things up. They have been an 8, 9, 10 win team the past few seasons and should be better. GM Jerry Reese may finally feel he needs to make bolder strokes with personnel rather than the under-the-radar ones he’s been making.
    Picks 1-20 are generally your blue chippers.