+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 80

Thread: RG3 better enjoy playoffs- could be his last

  1. #31
    All-Pro Sarcasman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Manussa Loka
    Posts
    7,438
    Quote Originally Posted by giantyankee1976 View Post
    One thing for sure after a decade or so of the NFCE remaining mostly stable, the landscape will be drastically changed from this point forward.

    I hate and have hated any kind or Run-Option, Wildcat, Wild-Dolphin, etc kind of Offense in the Pro-League the instant it got "introduced."

    It seems cheap and phony but let's be real here.

    Is it not the job of every HC and his Assistants to gameplan to secure a Win? So if that means tricking you with the QB out on the edge or running the freaking Pistol set to throw, run or option-run, well...

    If Reese does his due diligence he recognize the threat RGP represents and begin to acquire pieces to better spy, contain or hit that *******. Also Alfred Morris is no one to sneeze at...

    Also Rob Ryan's Defense did improve and most likely only gets better from this point forward.

    As to the Eagles, they will be the most radically changed so who knows what they will morph into?

    I hear ya, but here's hoping the GIants front office doesn't make the mistake of allowing the moronic media mindset into the draft room by drafting to defend one guy or one team. That's idiotic. Very good teams draft to improve themselves, not to chase the false notion that they need to react to some other team.

  2. #32
    All-Pro giantyankee1976's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    OUT of MARKET
    Posts
    15,184
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasman View Post
    I strongly disagree. I think Griffin has far superior QB skills. Vick has never been more than fair to middlin'.
    truthful statement.

    Vick is/ was a QB who runs and can throw (somewhat).

    RGP is a QB who throws and can run.

    Subtle, but there is a difference.


    NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

  3. #33
    All-Pro Sarcasman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Manussa Loka
    Posts
    7,438
    Quote Originally Posted by giantyankee1976 View Post
    truthful statement.

    Vick is/ was a QB who runs and can throw (somewhat).

    RGP is a QB who throws and can run.

    Subtle, but there is a difference.

    Exactly. Griffin seems to be able to beat you with his arm. While it hasn't been tested very much yet, he certainly seems to have very good passing skills. Vick doesn't and never did. No team that dared Vick to beat them with his arm was disappointed in the results.

  4. #34
    All-Pro giantyankee1976's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    OUT of MARKET
    Posts
    15,184
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasman View Post
    I hear ya, but here's hoping the GIants front office doesn't make the mistake of allowing the moronic media mindset into the draft room by drafting to defend one guy or one team. That's idiotic. Very good teams draft to improve themselves, not to chase the false notion that they need to react to some other team.
    Oh I understand you completely, but to me, and this is why I am NOT a NFL scout, coach etc; to me we seem to lack overall speed on our Defense, specifically from the edge.

    I mean Osi, JPP even Tracy a few times have shown us burst but no one is consistent with the edge pressure. I would love to see opponent pockets collapse or in the process of collapse as the Ends and/or Backers push the Tackles into the QB.

    I believe we need to refocus not only a Pass Rush but a legitimate Run Stop unit. (How many 1st downs/ TDs did they give up?) 3rd and shorts is where the D makes it money.

    My two-cents worth.


    NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

  5. #35
    All-Pro Sarcasman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Manussa Loka
    Posts
    7,438
    Quote Originally Posted by giantyankee1976 View Post
    Oh I understand you completely, but to me, and this is why I am NOT a NFL scout, coach etc; to me we seem to lack overall speed on our Defense, specifically from the edge.

    I mean Osi, JPP even Tracy a few times have shown us burst but no one is consistent with the edge pressure. I would love to see opponent pockets collapse or in the process of collapse as the Ends and/or Backers push the Tackles into the QB.

    I believe we need to refocus not only a Pass Rush but a legitimate Run Stop unit. (How many 1st downs/ TDs did they give up?) 3rd and shorts is where the D makes it money.

    My two-cents worth.
    I agree with you, my point was simply (and I'm no NFL professional either) is that our slow footed, undisciplined defense needs to be upgraded to complete against all teams. It's got nothing to do with the Redskins. You don't win in this league with a slow, undisciplined and overpursuing defensive front. And we absolutely need run stoppers. This team is embarrassing against the run.

  6. #36
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1,000
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasman View Post
    I hear ya, but here's hoping the GIants front office doesn't make the mistake of allowing the moronic media mindset into the draft room by drafting to defend one guy or one team. That's idiotic. Very good teams draft to improve themselves, not to chase the false notion that they need to react to some other team.
    You don't think the league is going towards at least highly mobile QB across the board?
    I don't see it as defending only one guy.

    8 QB;'s that have at least 4 rushing TD's this year and 5 who have have well over 300 yards.

    http://pickingpros.com/nfl/quarterba...ng-leaders.php

  7. #37
    All-Pro Sarcasman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Manussa Loka
    Posts
    7,438
    Quote Originally Posted by OX1 View Post
    You don't think the league is going towards at least highly mobile QB across the board?
    I don't see it as defending only one guy.

    8 QB;'s that have at least 4 rushing TD's this year and 5 who have have well over 300 yards.

    http://pickingpros.com/nfl/quarterba...ng-leaders.php

    Never said that. See last post.

    Absolutely the migration toward a more mobile style of QB warrants attention, but that's all. It doesn't necessitate any kind of wholesale changing of defensive personnel or structure as I've been reading over and over on these boards.

  8. #38
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1,000
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasman View Post
    Never said that. See last post.

    Absolutely the migration toward a more mobile style of QB warrants attention, but that's all. It doesn't necessitate any kind of wholesale changing of defensive personnel or structure as I've been reading over and over on these boards.
    Depends on what personnel you currently have. If your D is dog slow overall, then you need to upgrade quite a bit.

  9. #39
    RG3's gonna be a force to be reckoned with for tomorrow, as are the redskins. Morris had a great year too, if they fix their defense, they'll be tough for a while. RG3's a quarterback and should run less, he's good and smart with the football

  10. #40
    All-Pro Sarcasman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Manussa Loka
    Posts
    7,438
    Quote Originally Posted by OX1 View Post
    Depends on what personnel you currently have. If your D is dog slow overall, then you need to upgrade quite a bit.
    True but it that's the case that defense wouldn't be effective against any team.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts