+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: RG3 better enjoy playoffs- could be his last

Bench Player
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBlueAllDay View Post
    RG3 and the Redskins sealed last night's game on a roughing the passer penalty. Enough said...
    Really?

Don't mention the only touchdown of the first half for the Cowboys was on a 45 second play clock. Give me a break dude. From a fan of a team who literally got handed a win against Pittsburgh, talking **** about flags is just laughable.

I know you guys really want RG3 to be a fluke, but its not looking that way. He was playing with one leg the past 2 weeks and got the job done. Also keep in mind, its not just him. Its the O Line finally hitting full speed with the Zone Scheme, the Rookie 6th round RB, and much more.

Keep talking **** all you want, but the Giants players are sitting at home, and the Redskins are in the playoffs. I love these Nostradamus posts that people make about RG3. The Read Option has yet to be even close to be contained, and to think he can run it at 75% speed, just imagine next year at full speed.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerrigan91 View Post
    Really?

Don't mention the only touchdown of the first half for the Cowboys was on a 45 second play clock. Give me a break dude. From a fan of a team who literally got handed a win against Pittsburgh, talking **** about flags is just laughable.

I know you guys really want RG3 to be a fluke, but its not looking that way. He was playing with one leg the past 2 weeks and got the job done. Also keep in mind, its not just him. Its the O Line finally hitting full speed with the Zone Scheme, the Rookie 6th round RB, and much more.

Keep talking **** all you want, but the Giants players are sitting at home, and the Redskins are in the playoffs. I love these Nostradamus posts that people make about RG3. The Read Option has yet to be even close to be contained, and to think he can run it at 75% speed, just imagine next year at full speed.
    RG3 is a good QB, but not sure how long he can hold up the way he plays. I'm hoping he learns his listen and he becomes the pocket passer. This would make lives easier for other teams.

Not taking anything away from the Skins, I'm glad that they eliminated Dallas. That being said, i don't think they will get past Seattle.

Bench Player
    Quote Originally Posted by P_Simms_#11 View Post
    Not taking anything away from the Skins, I'm glad that they eliminated Dallas. That being said, i don't think they will get past Seattle.
    I am a Redskins fan and am not sure they can beat Seattle. Its possible, sure but it isn't likely. Seattle has a great defense and running back. The redskins defense is surviving purely on hope right now by the looks of it.

However, I could just call their entire Read Option system they run in Seattle a gimmick and say they'll be beaten soon enough like some other fans.

The Skins had every right to win the division and earned it. They were one deep ball to Victor Cruz TD away from owning and sweeping the entire division. I don't even think Skins fans that are high from smoking RG3 even realize that.

Really?

You completely missed my point like A-rod on a high fastball dude. I'm trying to say that hurting RG3 is not going to be a winning formula against the Redskins. The other team will pay the price through a loss and fines/suspensions eventually.

Bench Player
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBlueAllDay View Post
    You completely missed my point like A-rod on a high fastball dude. I'm trying to say that hurting RG3 is not going to be a winning formula against the Redskins. The other team will pay the price through a loss and fines/suspensions eventually.
    I thought you meant they won because of a BS call, not that they were protecting him, just read it a different way I suppose.

I've not been a fan of how much they protect the QB with these flags, but that one was the correct call since he was in the pocket. If he was outside of it, its a different story but any QB, running or otherwise will get that call when the Ref sees it happen.

Bench Player
    Living in Texas and being a fan of HS football, I've known about RGIII for a long time (Copperas Cove HS, I believe). I also followed him at Baylor. This kid is very talented and seems like he has a good head on his shoulders. I've always liked him and it sucks that he wound up in D.C. because he will make the 'Skins hard to deal with for a long time. My concern would be that he's going to have short career if he continues to run as much as he does.

Quote Originally Posted by Moke View Post
    Their defense is pretty phenomenal too.
    Lets not get carried away. Statistically they are on the bottom in almost every Defensive category including points and yardage. Phenomenal it is not.

I thought you meant they won because of a BS call, not that they were protecting him, just read it a different way I suppose.

I've not been a fan of how much they protect the QB with these flags, but that one was the correct call since he was in the pocket. If he was outside of it, its a different story but any QB, running or otherwise will get that call when the Ref sees it happen.
    It was a failed attempt by the Cowboy defender in trying to bat down the pass at the line of scrimmage right after the snap, missed the ball and hit RG3's helmet instead. Blow to the helmet. No ref is going to miss that one.

+ Reply to Thread