+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Veteran TroyArcher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,573

    Romo chokes again in a big spot

    The guy is a statistics accumulator but a real loser when it counts most.

  2. #2
    All-Pro Moke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    12,259
    And that's why he is a horrible QB. Not sure where the obsession comes from.

  3. #3
    Veteran TroyArcher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,573
    Quote Originally Posted by Moke View Post
    And that's why he is a horrible QB. Not sure where the obsession comes from.
    Alot of people are caught up in numbers, we live in the age of Fantasy Football and Madden Football. I'd take Eli every time over Romo.

  4. #4
    All-Pro Moke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    12,259
    Quote Originally Posted by TroyArcher View Post
    Alot of people are caught up in numbers, we live in the age of Fantasy Football and Madden Football. I'd take Eli every time over Romo.
    Very true. One of my friends who is a cowboys fan texted me going "OH ROMO HAD 400 YARDS+" like really? Believe it was last weeks game.

  5. #5
    Forget the Past, Live for the Future!

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by TroyArcher View Post
    Alot of people are caught up in numbers, we live in the age of Fantasy Football and Madden Football. I'd take Eli every time over Romo.
    Well put Troy.

  7. #7
    Romo is probably the most under-acheiving QB in the NFL. He's been surrounded by tremendeous talent for years and he's done nothing with it except run up numbers.

  8. #8
    Bench Player
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    51
    Quote Originally Posted by krygny View Post
    Romo is probably the most under-acheiving QB in the NFL. He's been surrounded by tremendeous talent for years and he's done nothing with it except run up numbers.
    I really think it is the Dallas factor. Sure, Romo has made some stupid decisions in clutch moments but every year, without fail, ESPN and the other talking heads all scream from the mountain tops how talented Dallas is. It could be... that Dallas players are overhyped at many positions because of the media coverage they get as "America's Team".

    That isn't to say they don't have some great players, but I think collectively they aren't the juggernaut on paper that the media anoints them to be each year. No team this year in the NFC East was a huge step above another in the talent department.

  9. #9
    All-Pro JJC7301's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    5,086
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerrigan91 View Post
    I really think it is the Dallas factor. Sure, Romo has made some stupid decisions in clutch moments but every year, without fail, ESPN and the other talking heads all scream from the mountain tops how talented Dallas is. It could be... that Dallas players are overhyped at many positions because of the media coverage they get as "America's Team".

    That isn't to say they don't have some great players, but I think collectively they aren't the juggernaut on paper that the media anoints them to be each year. No team this year in the NFC East was a huge step above another in the talent department.
    No, the "talent" around him has been very overrated for years. And the coaching has stunk as well as the owner/GM. Romo's far from perfect, but not the main problem with that team.

  10. #10
    Bench Player
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    51
    Quote Originally Posted by JJC7301 View Post
    No, the "talent" around him has been very overrated for years. And the coaching has stunk as well as the owner/GM. Romo's far from perfect, but not the main problem with that team.
    That is basically what I said???

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts