+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

No New Changes Needed at Coaching

All we have to do is get the players for the coaches so they can perform the plays that is all. Giants should work on defense this year and maybe the O-line.

I might agree on defense. Get some players for Fewell to work with.

Offense? Not much... we have a talented squad there. Gilbride is too inconsistent with play-calling.

I hate changing OC/DC. It's very rare that it works out the first year. But sometimes it's a great change. Flip a coin.

All-Pro
    I would disagree... the "read and react" defense that PF usually uses is giving me flashbacks to Rod Rust and the Ray Handley era. Anyone want to argue that Rust didn't have the talent to run a good defense? That was all on the scheme and I would argue that the defensive problems today are because of that same scheme.
    My goal had been to win a championship, work toward the Hall of Fame, have my jersey retired by the team and I`d go in as a lifelong New York Giant, but I`m now resigned to the fact that this won`t happen. -- Michael Strahan, just when you think you're down...

The salary cap forces you to work with what players you have on your roster.......you can't afford to sign blue chips at every position so as coaches your game plans and preparations should reflect what personnel you have available ......I'm not buying that Fewell nor KG has done that......I think last year and this year the Giants got W's not because of those guys but in spite of them.

I am not a fan of PF but perhaps he learned something against the Eagles yesterday. He finally realized it is OK to mix in some blitzes when your D-line is not as good as advertised.

Quote Originally Posted by TroyArcher View Post
    I am not a fan of PF but perhaps he learned something against the Eagles yesterday. He finally realized it is OK to mix in some blitzes when your D-line is not as good as advertised.
    Yeah, where the hell has that been?

Quote Originally Posted by M00KIE View Post
    Yeah, where the hell has that been?
    KP has been injured...

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckKnoxx View Post
    Whatever [Tom Quinn] says to keep a near decade long job has to be truly inspirational for him not to be working at IKEA right now.

I think the Giants need a little shake up.

Either a new DC or OC or both (I'd go with DC personally).

You could make a really strong argument for bringing in both Norv Turner and Lovie Smith to replace KG / PF.

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    I think the Giants need a little shake up.

Either a new DC or OC or both (I'd go with DC personally).

You could make a really strong argument for bringing in both Norv Turner and Lovie Smith to replace KG / PF.
    If we fire Fewell because of his scheme, then Lovie isn't gonna be an adequate replacement.