+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: New kid on the block RGIII

  1. #1
    Starter
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    450

    New kid on the block RGIII

    It will take awhile. But with a GOOD DC, teams will start to figure out how to defesne the schemes being deployed by the Washington Redskins.
    same thing happened with the Wildcat. Eventually teams figured out how to play against it effectively.

    What RGIII did to the Giants, he also did to the Cowboys, as witnessed last night.

    I truely think defenses (THAT HAVE A SMART DC THAT IS) will be better prepared next year with plenty of tape to watch and prepare against.

    Players must remain disciplined and remain in their lanes and not overpersue and get caught out of position. Each DL and LB player needs to be aware of who they are responsible to defend. Too frequently Giants were out of position or looked confused or not set.

    That is a lack of preparation and adjustments.

  2. #2
    He's not going to last long anyways imo. He's a talent, no doubt but he's gonna get himself hurt often.

  3. #3
    All-Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Myrtle Beach, SC
    Posts
    7,474
    Last year the everyone said that Cam Newton and Tebow were the future of the NFL, how did that work out? Before that it was Vick, or Cunningham... They all have something in common, they are flashy and fun to watch. They also have something else in common, none has yet to win a SB. Who knows, maybe RG3 changes that, but I doubt it.
    My goal had been to win a championship, work toward the Hall of Fame, have my jersey retired by the team and I`d go in as a lifelong New York Giant, but I`m now resigned to the fact that this won`t happen. -- Michael Strahan, just when you think you're down...

  4. #4
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,352
    We're not beating the Skins at all next year, not with this defense. There better be significant changes in this defense, not just 1 or 2 new players.

  5. #5
    All-Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Myrtle Beach, SC
    Posts
    7,474
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloud57 View Post
    We're not beating the Skins at all next year, not with this defense. There better be significant changes in this defense, not just 1 or 2 new players.
    Significant changes to personnel... not likely, no cap space and usually when you do that you end up with a bunch of high priced FA that aren't as good on the field as it is on paper (see Eagles). Although, I do agree the defense isn't going to stop that offense with the scheme used. read and react means defense on their heals trying to catch up to the play... and unfortunately it sounds like PF will be back next year.
    My goal had been to win a championship, work toward the Hall of Fame, have my jersey retired by the team and I`d go in as a lifelong New York Giant, but I`m now resigned to the fact that this won`t happen. -- Michael Strahan, just when you think you're down...

  6. #6
    Giants did well against him in the second game. The guy can ball, expect him to put up numbers and points vs anyone. Doesn't mean Redskins are unstoppable. I said it before, the heart of that teams defense is Fletcher and he's been around 15yrs. He is almost done. Without him that defense is terrible, notice how the Giants exploited it when he was sidelined on Cruz's first game TD. They do run plays that are hard to contend with because he is so damn good at option and playaction but they won't be able to pay everyone in the next couple years. Same problem every good team has now a days. Or someone will get taken, like Baby Shanigans or maybe the oline coach.

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    5,023
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankAE View Post
    Giants did well against him in the second game. The guy can ball, expect him to put up numbers and points vs anyone. Doesn't mean Redskins are unstoppable. I said it before, the heart of that teams defense is Fletcher and he's been around 15yrs. He is almost done. Without him that defense is terrible, notice how the Giants exploited it when he was sidelined on Cruz's first game TD. They do run plays that are hard to contend with because he is so damn good at option and playaction but they won't be able to pay everyone in the next couple years. Same problem every good team has now a days. Or someone will get taken, like Baby Shanigans or maybe the oline coach.
    Did you forget about Orakpo and Carriker? They're gonna draft some players too and pick up free agents. I'm not downing your opinion but use more perspective over wishful thinking.

  8. #8
    All-Pro TroyArcher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    5,258
    If he does not transition to a pocket passer, which I think he probably can, he will never last in the NFL.

  9. #9
    Veteran dakotajoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    North Carolina / New Jersey
    Posts
    1,019
    Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    Last year the everyone said that Cam Newton and Tebow were the future of the NFL, how did that work out? Before that it was Vick, or Cunningham... They all have something in common, they are flashy and fun to watch. They also have something else in common, none has yet to win a SB. Who knows, maybe RG3 changes that, but I doubt it.
    People said Tebow was the future of the NFL? I missed that, he had a few staunch defenders and the media loved him but he was mainly viewed as a QB with a terrible arm and played like it.

    Cam or #1 "Superman" was extremely overhyped by the media and finished 6-10 last year. Carolina improved upon their record this year. I suppose he's so good in fantasy football and Madden that some people tend to overlook his flaws.


    RGIII was named captain and then the team went on to with 7 straight games ALL of which were "must wins" to get into the playoffs. I get the hype with RGIII but not the others. You can't really knock a guy who accomplished what he did as a rookie. With that said if I was GM I'd draft Luck, I see him having a longer less injury prone career. I'm a huge fan of mobile QBs because of durability issues.

  10. #10
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    908
    Quote Originally Posted by dakotajoe View Post
    People said Tebow was the future of the NFL? I missed that, he had a few staunch defenders and the media loved him but he was mainly viewed as a QB with a terrible arm and played like it.

    Cam or #1 "Superman" was extremely overhyped by the media and finished 6-10 last year. Carolina improved upon their record this year. I suppose he's so good in fantasy football and Madden that some people tend to overlook his flaws.

    RGIII was named captain and then the team went on to with 7 straight games ALL of which were "must wins" to get into the playoffs. I get the hype with RGIII but not the others. You can't really knock a guy who accomplished what he did as a rookie. With that said if I was GM I'd draft Luck, I see him having a longer less injury prone career. I'm a huge fan of mobile QBs because of durability issues.
    No one is knocking on RG3 calm down, they are just simply going by facts that history itself has provided. Maybe RG3 is the first Mobile QB to win it all maybe not. Only time and RG3's Sophomore season will tell, he had a great year and will have to match or do better next year all while teams adjust and will also have a years worth of NFL film on the kid. Lets stay tuned and see what happens.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts