+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mingo

Mingo

You guys think we have a shot at Barkevious Mingo?

since I started looking at mocks a few moths back, he's been slipping..

I think theres a great chance he'll be there at #19.

Overrated

Mingo and Montgomery looked good in bowl game vs clemson before getting hurt.

Mingo is a very big possibility for the Giants as he fills the biggest need, an edge Rusher. In my opinion he has been playing out of position at LSU , Mingo is clearly a LB. If the Giants drafted Mingo Id could see Kiwi being moved back to End Full time and Mingo taking over his spot at LB. Mingo would be moved around and utilized as a Blitzer primarily. In this role if kept clean he could be absolutely devastating.
    Now im not going to say that if this pick is made it will work out , in fact it would scare the hell out of me. That being said I do think its a possibility
    Last edited by Redeyejedi; 01-01-2013 at 10:30 AM.

If you watch a lot of Mingo's games, against any mobile QBs LSU tends to have Mingo spy them, and doesnt let him rush. Not sure thats a great strategy, but either way, it certainly limits Mingo's stats.

He is athleticially a total freak. And I dont believe LSU does a very good job coaching of their DL either, Brockers was largely average at LSU, but was great for the Rams.

How useful could a guy like Mingo be in chasing down the RG3s of the world? He does remind me a bit of a younger Osi, especially when he times the snaps and blows right past the OTs

Watch when they try to option him, he destroys option plays because he gets to the mesh point so quickly.

This is going to be such an incredible year for DEs at the combine if Mingo declares. Can you imagine the performances Mingo, Ansah, Jordan, Hunt, etc are going to put up?
    Last edited by slipknottin; 01-01-2013 at 11:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    If you watch a lot of Mingo's games, against any mobile QBs LSU tends to have Mingo spy them, and doesnt let him rush. Not sure thats a great strategy, but either way, it certainly limits Mingo's stats.

He is athleticially a total freak. And I dont believe LSU does a very good job coaching of their DL either, Brockers was largely average at LSU, but was great for the Rams.

How useful could a guy like Mingo be in chasing down the RG3s of the world? He does remind me a bit of a younger Osi, especially when he times the snaps and blows right past the OTs

Watch when they try to option him, he destroys option plays because he gets to the mesh point so quickly.

This is going to be such an incredible year for DEs at the combine if Mingo declares. Can you imagine the performances Mingo, Ansah, Jordan, Hunt, etc are going to put up?
    With Mingo or Ansah the Giants would be able to shut down the Triple option. U going to leave Mingo,Ansah,or JPP unblocked?

I think we draft the Best DE Available. Osi Gone, Tuck getting older, Keep on building our strength!!

Personally I dont want Mingo, if we have the choice between him and Ansah at 19 id take the latter

+ Reply to Thread