+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Starter

20 MINUTES OF REESE

If you haven't listened to Mr. Reese's, end of season press conference,DON'T. However since misery loves company, I'll share some interesting highlights with you. While fumbling, (pardon the unintended pun), for answers Mr. Reese offered us none but he did provide some gems for us to ponder for the upcoming months. For instance,

Yes Webster got burnt but teams were targeting those receivers and the cornerback position is a hard and LONELY one.

He's not a coach so his knowledge of some things is limited. I was hoping he knew the game of football and his team well enough to be able to discuss the problems with coaches. Maybe that's why TC and company get to take us on the roller coaster ride each year.

Wilson is a "world class athlete" and a potential star but he fumbled the ball in his first ever NFL game which upset the coaching staff so we benched a highly talented athlete. Of course Bradshaw and especially Barber, in the beginning of his career, fumbled plenty. He thought that not playing Wilson in the rotation was a sound move.

He feels sacks are somewhat over rated. We just needed to throw the QBs off their "spot". Also,he said that there are a lot of talented coaches in the NFL and they are coming up with great ways to stop our pass rush. Personally, I was thinking we would have talented coaches that figure out ways to stop them from stopping us. I thought that sacking a QB and pushing our opponent back 8 to 10 yds.with a loss of down was the ultimate way to throw the QB off his spot. I would settle for 3 to 5 sacks per game especially when you' re almost certain it's a passing down.QBs don't like being hit. It kind of throws them off their game.

He said something, to the effect, that we have talented LBs but I wasn't sure if he wants better ones. I suppose he does and since they will probably come from the draft, we may have to wait until 2014 to start them. I'm beginning to think even if they find another LT,(if that's possible), we may bench him if he misses one tackle.

Well it lifted up my spirits like a lead balloon.Sorry, I was never a Reese fan. He pops his head up once in awhile and provides us with these marvelous insights.Earn your pay, Mr. Reese, work the cap and get us some veterans that can and want to play. Oh, I forgot he loves OSI, A player who often gets pushed out so wide he's beginning to look like part of the sideline.

Well anyway, Happy New Year to everyone out there including all the members of the Giant's organization. We may ride them alot be we always wish them the best.

odd Bradshaw was fumbling once every 73.3 carries Wilson fumbled once on 71 carries.
    Bill Loyal to the NYG logo

Veteran
    Reese isn't this mythical creature of football enlightenment like some people naively believe him to be. Or maybe he just plays dumb with some of the crap he says. "we have talented lber's" name one.. sacks are over rated? howd that work out for corey webster? without a pass rush it exposes our depleated and weak secondary. a rookie fumbles a ball???? nooo, you don't say... bench his ***. yeah, end of the year after a superbowl season.. we didn't make the playoffs.. another second half collapse, but hey... sacks?!?!?! whoo needs that... overated! , our most dynamic running back screw him he fumbled his first play in the nfl.. he needs to ride pine.. linebackers? oh we're staked at that position! give me a break Reese at least be honest!

Honestly, and I'm still watching it as I type this, I think it's being handled very well. Reese is the only guy who can turn this around, and I am convinced that he will turn it around. I see Reese, and I see a guy who is staring at a tumultuous offseason between the cap, and the needs, etc...

And I marvel at how well he is composed.

In Webster's defense he played with a broken hand ( more or less a half season ).

Quote Originally Posted by ibbill View Post
    odd Bradshaw was fumbling once every 73.3 carries Wilson fumbled once on 71 carries.
    Maybe benching him after the first fumble had something to do with that?

He was 20 years old when we drafted him. Had fumbling problems at VTech. We have some time with him.

Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post
    Honestly, and I'm still watching it as I type this, I think it's being handled very well. Reese is the only guy who can turn this around, and I am convinced that he will turn it around. I see Reese, and I see a guy who is staring at a tumultuous offseason between the cap, and the needs, etc...

Right? Perfect response. Who else in the NFL do you want running this team.

Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post

One thing that you can say about the New York Giants' management for a long time has been their composure. They usually remain tight-lipped and professional. They never announce anything without every word thought about. They never have a knee-jerk reaction to anything and will sit in the media fire-pits to answer questions.

Remember when Osi was taking jabs at Reese through the media last year? Reese remained cool and calm and smoothed the whole thing over in the offseason, with both sides getting what they wanted. The man is the John Shaft of GMs.

I think the only think the only thing that may have come out from managment(to include owners) that may hvae just been a bit out of character were jabs that Mara threw out at Jones and Snyder. Of course, those were warranted and lighthearted jabs.
    Last edited by Rat_bastich; 01-01-2013 at 04:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by G-Men Surg. View Post
    In Webster's defense he played with a broken hand ( more or less a half season ).
    I don't think that would effect his coverage skills. Maybe tackling, pass deflection and interceptions, but the guy was getting beat and sometimes by yards.

Corey Webster morphed into Elvis Patterson this season, let's hope he returns as himself next year.