+ Reply to Thread

Health and a decent right tackle

It's really all we need to get the offense back on track. The injury to Nicks really hurt all year. Then the injury to Brown was the final nail. But if our WR's and RB's could stay healthy, all we really need is a RT.

Wilson
    Bradshaw
    Brown

Nicks
    Cruz
    Randle
    Hixon
    Jernigan

Resign Beatty, Boothe, and Bennett. And find a decent right tackle and this offense if healthy is deadly.

Really did like Locklear before he got hurt. If they could find another guy with similar type talent that would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by nhpgiantsfan View Post
    It's really all we need to get the offense back on track. The injury to Nicks really hurt all year. Then the injury to Brown was the final nail. But if our WR's and RB's could stay healthy, all we really need is a RT.

Wilson
    Bradshaw
    Brown

Nicks
    Cruz
    Randle
    Hixon
    Jernigan

Resign Beatty, Boothe, and Bennett. And find a decent right tackle and this offense if healthy is deadly.
    I do think the priority is OL and LB! If Osi leaves I think they will move Kiwi back to DE and then draft a LB! When was the last time they drafted a LB or OL in the 1st or 2nd round?

Quote Originally Posted by EnragedYouth85 View Post
    I do think the priority is OL and LB! If Osi leaves I think they will move Kiwi back to DE and then draft a LB! When was the last time they drafted a LB or OL in the 1st or 2nd round?
    They drafted both OL (beatty) and a LB (sintim) in the 2nd round in 2009.

Let's hope it's an open competition at right tackle next year. Diehl is under contract, and I've heard nothing so far about him retiring. In the Tom Coughlin universe, that means he starts at RT next year.

I fully expect that something will happen with Diehl. He's got a pretty big salary cap number, and he's definitely showing his age. Like they did with Seubert and O'Hara, I think somebody will pull the plug and tell him it's either retire, or get cut. I can't see DD going to another team at this point. He played out of position and helped this team win two Super Bowls; but it looks like it's time for him to pack it in.

Locklear probably isn't a reasonable prospect either, he's not a young player any more, and his injury looked very serious. It'll be hard for him to come back in form.

So it looks like it's Mosley's position to win. Brewer might also figure in the picture too. He did look pretty good when he got in against Baltimore; but that was at guard. The other options are drafting a right tackle; which is a lot easier to do than a left tackle. A rookie could start and do well at RT. Then there's the veteran alternative; but that's going to cost some bucks for anybody that's really any good.

We need to replace the entire o-line except for Beatty. Maybe Snee can stay too if he can prove he has another year in him... Diehl, thank you for your service, but it's time to retire. Baas and Boothe are terrible...

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    We need to replace the entire o-line except for Beatty. Maybe Snee can stay too if he can prove he has another year in him... Diehl, thank you for your service, but it's time to retire. Baas and Boothe are terrible...
    Eh? Baas and Boothe played pretty well all year. Snee did too.

All-Pro
    Was listening to Sirius the other day and they where saying how for not a lot of money you can find quality OL's in FA. If they can fix the OL that way maybe they draft a DE, LB, or CB to help out the defense. How is the other Bennett and how much would be demand? His brother said he would stay here for a discount if they could get his brother here.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    Replace 4/5 OL? Ridiculous.