+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Mad that everyone we beat is back in Hunt for 2012 Title

Every team we beat along the way to our 2011 SB Title all are returning for another shot at a Title this season. Atlanta, GB, SF and NE all back in the Hunt. Everyone Except us......Stinks cause we blew out two of those teams and were hammered by one. Think we would of made some noise and did some damage had we got in. Well nobody to blame but ourselves
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

All-Pro
    GB and NE are always in the hunt... it looks like SF and ATL are moving in that direction. But, take solace in the fact that in 2011, we were the champions.

I am not happy with the way the season went either, but if you asked me in 2011 if I would take a few bad seasons in trade for a SB win... I would take that in a heart beat.
    My goal had been to win a championship, work toward the Hall of Fame, have my jersey retired by the team and I`d go in as a lifelong New York Giant, but I`m now resigned to the fact that this won`t happen. -- Michael Strahan, just when you think you're down...

we just need to be more consistant and we will join the yearly contenders we made the most out of our play off apparances but we are 3 out of 4 years out.

Quote Originally Posted by big blue dog View Post
    we just need to be more consistant and we will join the yearly contenders we made the most out of our play off apparances but we are 3 out of 4 years out.
    yes I guess that is right. Rather have fewer appearances and win it all when they get there rather then make it in every season like some teams only to have a failure on their Résumés because they can't get it done and have a ton of playoff losses.

4-New York Giants!!!!!

Saw where SF finally took Jacobs off Suspension and Cut ties with him. Safe for them now as he is not eligible for the playoffs even if a team picks him up.

4-New York Giants!!!!!

Kinda hope a team like Seattle or minny from NFC and Houston or Bengals from AFC make it to SB

4-New York Giants!!!!!

Veteran
    Rochester, NY Yes Bills contry what can I do its where I live
    What I am most upset with, is the over all lack of passion the Giants seemed to play with this year. We had it for some games, and it really showed what we could do when it was there. Its so hard because a lot of that passion comes with youth. We just don't have a system that allows the young players to contribute regularly. (barring injuries to the Vets) That seems to temper the influx of new passion. All-in-all, I would rather play well and miss the playoffs, as long as every 4 seasons when we do make it, we take the Championship. I just don't want the Giants playing more seasons like this one, for a looooong time.

Quote Originally Posted by GiantRoc View Post
    What I am most upset with, is the over all lack of passion the Giants seemed to play with this year. We had it for some games, and it really showed what we could do when it was there. Its so hard because a lot of that passion comes with youth. We just don't have a system that allows the young players to contribute regularly. (barring injuries to the Vets) That seems to temper the influx of new passion. All-in-all, I would rather play well and miss the playoffs, as long as every 4 seasons when we do make it, we take the Championship. I just don't want the Giants playing more seasons like this one, for a looooong time.
    yea so many highs and lows, potential and failure in the same year.

4-New York Giants!!!!!

Veteran
    Rochester, NY Yes Bills contry what can I do its where I live
    Quote Originally Posted by miked1958 View Post
    Kinda hope a team like Seattle or minny from NFC and Houston or Bengals from AFC make it to SB
    To be honest, I'd love to see Payton lead the Broncos to the win. I really like the guy. If you think about it, this is about the most complete a team he has ever played on. The Mannings are just a class family. I'll root for Payton when Eli's not on the field.

We have to be more consistent in the regular season if we want to make the playoffs next season. Those other teams that are in the playoffs handled their business we didn't and thats something we have to improve on next season.
    New York Giants Superbowl XXI, XXV, XLII, XLVI Champions!!!!!