+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Angry How do you justify bringing back a guy who coached a #30 Defense?

What more do you need to know about a guy than with a powerful O, a more than average defensive line-up, he cannot even get you in the top 15?

FEWELL HAS TO GO......he is way too predictable and timid

By giving him better players.

All-Pro
    No offense, but there has been about 50 threads on this... while I may agree, it is time to either move on or just bump one of the others
    My goal had been to win a championship, work toward the Hall of Fame, have my jersey retired by the team and I`d go in as a lifelong New York Giant, but I`m now resigned to the fact that this won`t happen. -- Michael Strahan, just when you think you're down...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BParcells777 View Post
    What more do you need to know about a guy than with a powerful O, a more than average defensive line-up, he cannot even get you in the top 15?

Obviously, the Giants feel it was the players fault...and they might be right....Osi, Tuck and Webster were horrible, and won't be back with the Giants because of their very poor play.

Our CBs were banged up all year. His Defense relies on CB and Safeties. That's how. I like our DC. This year was not on him it was on the players.

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Ladder27 View Post
    Our CBs were banged up all year. His Defense relies on CB and Safeties. That's how. I like our DC. This year was not on him it was on the players.
    Osi, Tuck and Web had very good years last year, and the defense was still ranked among the worst in the NFL... He may be a good DC, but has he actually coached a top 10 defense, ever?
    My goal had been to win a championship, work toward the Hall of Fame, have my jersey retired by the team and I`d go in as a lifelong New York Giant, but I`m now resigned to the fact that this won`t happen. -- Michael Strahan, just when you think you're down...

Quote Originally Posted by Hooligans View Post
    Obviously, the Giants feel it was the players fault...and they might be right....Osi, Tuck and Webster were horrible, and won't be back with the Giants because of their very poor play.
    I would not say those 3 were terrible, more like average.........Did you notice when we applied pressure bringing 8 against Philadelphia we looked like a real team?

Sometimes I feel Fewell puts in a base defense and goes off to take a nap for the whole game

I would not say those 3 were terrible, more like average.........Did you notice when we applied pressure bringing 8 against Philadelphia we looked like a real team?Sometimes I feel Fewell puts in a base defense and goes off to take a nap for the whole game
    Philly has an awful o-line.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    so if we play teams with good olines we should never bring heat??? Are you daft man?

#30 is #30..............Stevie Brown saved us from beine the leagues worst D. It's unacceptable and it starts with the DC

San Fran has a very good o line and the same brutal tactics worked against them...........he occasionaly calls a good game then retreats to his old conservative style

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    Yes they do, but when PF simplified the D and brought more lb/safety pressure at the end of 2011 into the playoffs the d played lights out.