+ Reply to Thread

This is a good team

I don't even know why I need to say this since most people seem to agree with it except for a few. This is a pretty darn good team with a good core of players and coaches.

We had some outstanding games this season against really good teams and that shows our capability, as if last year didn't. I think we can all agree when this team plays well, they play Very well, so the ability is certainly there.

I would like Coughlin, Gilbride, and Fewel back next year. Nobody is perfect and they definitely aren't but overall they're still good for the job. I think we just need to go about the evaluation process as we normally would and make the necessary changes but maintain the core of the team and coaches.

This rebuilding stuff is a very shortsighted view of things, and I know it won't happen anyways.

Veteran
    Stop being so rational

All-Pro
    I agree, this is a good team, and while I am not a fan of KG, I respect him. Coughlin is a Giants style coach to the core, and would love to see him stay as long as he wants to stay.

PF, not a big fan. Two years in a row the defense has been ranked among the worst in the NFL. For two years we keep hearing its the players fault. The decision to keep PF indicates that Coughlin also believes it is the players fault... that leads to one conclusion, if 30 other teams in the NFL have better personnel than the Giants on defense, the Giants have a major rebuilding project ahead of them, clearly one that can't be fixed quickly in the draft and with no cap space, it won't be fixed in FA either. In my opinion saying the players the Giants have are the 2nd worst in the NFL and saying its a good defense is a direct contradiction. Either we have lousy players or we have a lousy philosophy on defense. Or, possibly the personnel the Giants have are not a good fit for the scheme they are trying to run. Either way, they rank almost dead last in defense and that is just not Giants football.
    My goal had been to win a championship, work toward the Hall of Fame, have my jersey retired by the team and I`d go in as a lifelong New York Giant, but I`m now resigned to the fact that this won`t happen. -- Michael Strahan, just when you think you're down...

I dont think our players fit the scheme that being said i think the coaches need to adjust accordingly.

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by big blue dog View Post
    I dont think our players fit the scheme that being said i think the coaches need to adjust accordingly.
    I agree, this is a team built around attacking the backfield... that is why the 46 D was such a good fit
    My goal had been to win a championship, work toward the Hall of Fame, have my jersey retired by the team and I`d go in as a lifelong New York Giant, but I`m now resigned to the fact that this won`t happen. -- Michael Strahan, just when you think you're down...

Veteran
    Of course it's a good team. This was an unlucky season.

Nicks gets injured and causes eli to only have one star WR.

brown gets injured and causes us to have to choose between the rookie or the old guy who ALSO had injury problems.

The redskins beat us because of a magic fumble TD.

Most of the d line is either hurt or getting old.