Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Starter

Re: braylons supposed contract demands

Think about it, he's the only true number one actually being shopped right now. Braylon and his agent know that. They'll shoot high, but I can see the price coming down to around 7 mil. It will if he wants out. I can't see anyone in there right mind giving him Fitz type cash.

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="BJacobs27"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="slipknottin"]I really cant see braylon getting more than what plax got. Perhaps more guaranteed money, as he is younger.[/quote]

i could cuz we are talking about a 6 years worth of difference in whcih 6 years from now it won't be like hes over the hill and we can just cut his last years out...

if we get braylon its for the long hall... hopfully a 10 year career type thing[/quote]

Although I think 10 years would be easier on our cap now, it'd probably be backloaded too. I see more of a 6 or 7 year deal so he's like 32 when it ends.[/quote]

yea but the goal would also to be get value for him in those later years of a 6-7 year deal with an extension that also wouldn't cause friction[/quote]lol 10 years...this isn't the lolYankees...

5 years $43 million with 17 guaranteed

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="BJacobs27"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="slipknottin"]I really cant see braylon getting more than what plax got. Perhaps more guaranteed money, as he is younger.[/quote] i could cuz we are talking about a 6 years worth of difference in whcih 6 years from now it won't be like hes over the hill and we can just cut his last years out... if we get braylon its for the long hall... hopfully a 10 year career type thing[/quote] Although I think 10 years would be easier on our cap now, it'd probably be backloaded too. I see more of a 6 or 7 year deal so he's like 32 when it ends.[/quote] yea but the goal would also to be get value for him in those later years of a 6-7 year deal with an extension that also wouldn't cause friction[/quote]

I don't think Plaxico was going to make that much. Wasn't his contract front loaded to last season? I believe he got 11MM last year. I thought he was looking to make something like 4.5MM this year.

Braylon is too unproven for 9MM/yr. Plus I don't think a run first team should be committing that much to one WR. Do you?

Get well soon 80.

[quote user="Morehead State"]

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="BJacobs27"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="slipknottin"]I really cant see braylon getting more than what plax got. Perhaps more guaranteed money, as he is younger.[/quote] i could cuz we are talking about a 6 years worth of difference in whcih 6 years from now it won't be like hes over the hill and we can just cut his last years out... if we get braylon its for the long hall... hopfully a 10 year career type thing[/quote] Although I think 10 years would be easier on our cap now, it'd probably be backloaded too. I see more of a 6 or 7 year deal so he's like 32 when it ends.[/quote] yea but the goal would also to be get value for him in those later years of a 6-7 year deal with an extension that also wouldn't cause friction[/quote]

I don't think Plaxico was going to make that much. Wasn't his contract front loaded to last season? I believe he got 11MM last year. I thought he was looking to make something like 4.5MM this year.

Braylon is too unproven for 9MM/yr. Plus I don't think a run first team should be committing that much to one WR. Do you?

[/quote]Plax was 8.5 this year ...

[quote user="bansaw"][quote user="Morehead State"]

[/quote]

I just looked it up. It looks like its 5MM plus a 3.5MM roster bonus. If I'm not mistaken the Giants could have opted out of that roster bonus after the season.

So it seems to me that the only commitment for this season would have been 5MM.

Get well soon 80.

[quote user="slipknottin"]I really cant see braylon getting more than what plax got. Perhaps more guaranteed money, as he is younger.[/quote]I think you are right. Also if the Giantsdo give him the ten mil a year, there will be less guarantee money.

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="bansaw"][quote user="Morehead State"]

[/quote]

I just looked it up. It looks like its 5MM plus a 3.5MM roster bonus. If I'm not mistaken the Giants could have opted out of that roster bonus after the season.

So it seems to me that the only commitment for this season would have been 5MM.

[/quote]don't understand...if he played the year he'd get the roster bonus. All moot now anyways, but showed we could afford 8.5 for a #1 WR

8.5 million would seem cheap if he gave us solid numbers with no distractions

All-Pro

Id ONLY do it for an INCENTIVE LACED CONTRACT! And it would have be through out the contract, not just one year. More playoff wins, more money he gets. More TDs, Yards, Games Played, ect. , the more he gets paid. Otherwise, fahgedaboudit

There is a pinned thread for Edwards discussion
    I write differently from what I speak, I speak differently from what I think, I think differently from the way I ought to think, and so it all proceeds into deepest darkness.
    ― Franz Kafka