+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Eisen's Mailbag

Eisen's Mailbag

http://www.giants.com/news-and-blogs...3-419273acceab

Will we see more of David Wilson in the backfield taking handoffs in the backfield next season?
    -Robert

I will be stunned if we donít. Wilson came on at the end of the season. Heís an explosive player and one of the Giantsí offseason projects will likely be figuring out how to get the ball in his hands more often. I donít know if Wilson will be the starting running back, but I do think heíll easily top his 2012 total of 71 rushing attempts in 2013.

Do you think the Giants will try to get LB Manti Te'o?
    John

Itís much, much too early to answer these kinds of questions. The Giantsí hierarchy is still evaluating the 2012 season and what the teamís offseason needs will be. On the other side of the ledger, the scouting process is just getting started, with games like the Senior Bowl still to be played and the scouting combine six weeks away. The Giantsí scouts and decision-makers have two series of draft meetings ahead of them. The answers to questions like the one you asked will be formulated in the next three months.
    ďNever argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.Ē MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    http://www.giants.com/news-and-blogs...3-419273acceab

Will we see more of David Wilson in the backfield taking handoffs in the backfield next season?
    -Robert

I will be stunned if we donít. Wilson came on at the end of the season. Heís an explosive player and one of the Giantsí offseason projects will likely be figuring out how to get the ball in his hands more often. I donít know if Wilson will be the starting running back, but I do think heíll easily top his 2012 total of 71 rushing attempts in 2013.

Do you think the Giants will try to get LB Manti Te'o?
    John

Itís much, much too early to answer these kinds of questions. The Giantsí hierarchy is still evaluating the 2012 season and what the teamís offseason needs will be. On the other side of the ledger, the scouting process is just getting started, with games like the Senior Bowl still to be played and the scouting combine six weeks away. The Giantsí scouts and decision-makers have two series of draft meetings ahead of them. The answers to questions like the one you asked will be formulated in the next three months.
    I just can't see the giants trading up to get him unless he falls to the 15 or so range, and even then I am not too sure. thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by ELI_HOF_NYG View Post
    I just can't see the giants trading up to get him unless he falls to the 15 or so range, and even then I am not too sure. thoughts?
    We don't often move up and a lot is going to depend on who we release on defense. Do we need more help at LB or in the secondary? I think having Tracy and Ojomo on the roster may allow us to go with current players for the DLine.
    ďNever argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.Ē MB Rule # 1