+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Any, uhh... chance... that Warmack falls to #19?

Most mocks have Warmack (from alabama) going between 8-12, but I did see one that had him drop all the way to the 22nd pick. If he falls we could use someone on the interior line. Snee is due to tank anytime now, and Boothe is below-average at best (although I'd keep him and move him to C if we got Warmack since Baas is just downright terrible). That said, he's most likely gone before 19.

Jake Matthews (OT - TA&M) is another good one if he falls that far, though like Warmack I doubt it.

Eric Fisher (OT - central michigan) could easily fall that far, but he might be a bit of a reach... plus, he's played LT at college, and its a RT we need...

Only one thing's for certain. We need OL, desperately...
    Last edited by Toadofsteel; 01-07-2013 at 10:40 AM.
    Andre the Giant

Maybe, but expect The Giants to draft a defensive player first. I think we need help more there 1st.

Where are you getting this idea that Baas is a bad player? Watch the eagles game. He was tremendous.

Well I wouldn't be surprised to see a DE or LB go since Reese loves him some pass rushers, but OL is our most dire area of need. Only reason their blocking was passable this season was because we kept max protecting all the time...

Ezekiel Ansah (DE - Brigham Young) could theoretically go at #19...
    Andre the Giant

If we are able to re-sign Beatty, I expect the Giants will probably go defense in round 1. If we lose Beatty, JR will panic and draft a tackle.

Baas isn't going anywhere. . .too much cap invested in him.

And if you look historically at how the Giants fill the offensive line, it tends to be with low draft picks and FA's. Then again, before last year, that's how we handled RB's.

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Where are you getting this idea that Baas is a bad player? Watch the eagles game. He was tremendous.
    Because the Eagles had no pass rush at the end there, plus having an O-line coach calling plays for the defense didn't help.

Baas (like DD) can function serviceably when playing inferior pass rush. But against anything a playoff-quality team will throw at you, it just all breaks down...
    Andre the Giant

although I wouldn't like it I do think we will pick another DE in round 1, this is a passing league and we might be losing Osi and Tuck .

Quote Originally Posted by RagTime Blue View Post
    Baas isn't going anywhere. . .too much cap invested in him.
    Unfortunately, I do have to agree with this argument... When is he an FA? 2014?
    Andre the Giant

All-Pro
    They need a DE first.

Starter
    " You can't have enough pass rushers"- Reese, with Osi most likely gone & Tuck just a fond memory of his former self, DE 1st IMHO, JPP needing a 2nd threat & our secondary exposed for lack of pass rush all year.......DE,!