+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 47 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: For those that believe Gilbride is a really good coach please ask yourself 1 question

Question For those that believe Gilbride is a really good coach please ask yourself 1 question

Just ask yourself this... since he's been vying (for years, and that is well documented) for a head coaching position than why has not a single team offered him a job? Coordinators are free game every single year. The Gilbride enthusiasts always bring up the point he's won two super bowls. So if he's so accomplished why does he not appeal to any football team in the collegiate or NFL level.

Gilbride supporters also bring up that our offense is generally always tops in the league... blah blah blah

Don't you think with a top QB in Eli and the superior talent surrounding him that we should always have top offense no matter who the OC is?

Gilbride is a good to average OC. He's nothing more, nothing less and we can absolutely do better and also do worse.

I'd love the opportunity to allow someone to do better.

He's here for at least another season so this is the last Gilbride topic I will make, scouts honor ... and we can win despite him.
    ALL IN!!!!!!!!

I'm ALL IN are you?

"Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

Because hes 61 years old.

And he was in fact a head coach for a year in the NFL.

Being a good HC and a good coordinator have absolute nothing to do with each other. Some guys are just not cut out to be HC's, despite being excellent coordinators, i.e. **** LeBeau.

So, can people stop bringing this subject up like it's some indictment of KG as an OC; it's just ignorant and makes you look foolish.

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Because hes 61 years old.

And he was in fact a head coach for a year in the NFL.
    Right, he doesn't have the fire or personality to be a HC. He's purely an X and O guy. I don't see him anything more than that but my gripe is, is his scheme is tired. Ge doesn't ever step outside of the box and I'm not talking about throwing in a flea flicker like some fans suggest every year lol. He's just so blah and bland which is predictable.

Everything is predicated on the big play and Eli Manning... you cannot rely on that every single game, it's asinine.

Teams are using his sight adjustment scheme to benefit their defense.
    ALL IN!!!!!!!!

I'm ALL IN are you?

If his scheme is tired, why is Mike Sullivan such a hot commodity when he is running the same system?

If his scheme is tired, why is Mike Sullivan such a hot commodity when he is running the same system?
    After one year, mind you.

Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    Being a good HC and a good coordinator have absolute nothing to do with each other. Some guys are just not cut out to be HC's, despite being excellent coordinators, i.e. **** LeBeau.

So, can people stop bringing this subject up like it's some indictment of KG as an OC; it's just ignorant and makes you look foolish.
    They have more to do with each other than you like to believe.
    ALL IN!!!!!!!!

I'm ALL IN are you?

Surprised he is already getting HC interviews with the Bears. That was awfully quick.
    3/25/14 - Updated Mock with 5th round comp pick

1. Anthony Barr, Defensive End, UCLA
    2. Marcus Martin, Center Guard, USC
    3. Anthony Johnson, Defensive Nostril Tackle, LSU
    4. Marcel Jensen, Offensive End, Fresno State
    5. Wesley Johnson, Offensive Any Guard, Vanderbilt
    5. Aaron Colvin, Defensive Halfback, Oklahoma
    6. Storm Johnson, Guy Who Runs With Football, UCF

Quote Originally Posted by NYG4lifeNYK View Post
    They have more to do with each other than you like to believe.
    Such as?

Who wouldn't want a bad *** like that? The guy knows jiu jitsu and is a former marine if I remember correctly.

Kidding though..

Seriously he's still relatively young and has a lot to offer, not only as an OC. He's also a good players coach.
    ALL IN!!!!!!!!

I'm ALL IN are you?

+ Reply to Thread