I said his scheme is what's hindering us at times. If you noticed this season teams would noticeably bait Nicks and Cruz into the route they wanted them to take like using cheese to catch a mouse. They set a trap. Our division has figured out his scheme and other teams are catching on a bit.
Doesn't mean our talent cannot overcome that but that doesn't mean there is no fault there. We weren't able to this season because of Nicks' health.
I'm ALL IN are you?
"Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."
So you are saying the system Gilbride runs has nothing to do with why he doesnt get a HC job?
That's plausible. I would accept that claim. Why the hell are you asking though? Purely an X and O guy, fine! That skill-set is much better suited as an OC, and it's translated into a statistically successful offense, and two SBs.
He's an offensive Wade Phillips. He has the intelligence to put out a fantastic scheme and get the most from his 11 players but any responsibility past coordinating an offense and he struggles mightily.
3/25/14 - Updated Mock with 5th round comp pick
1. Anthony Barr, Defensive End, UCLA
2. Marcus Martin, Center Guard, USC
3. Anthony Johnson, Defensive Nostril Tackle, LSU
4. Marcel Jensen, Offensive End, Fresno State
5. Wesley Johnson, Offensive Any Guard, Vanderbilt
5. Aaron Colvin, Defensive Halfback, Oklahoma
6. Storm Johnson, Guy Who Runs With Football, UCF
I guess ****Lebeau isn't a good DC in PIT since he hasn't been a head coach since 2002.