+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 47 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: For those that believe Gilbride is a really good coach please ask yourself 1 question

Quote Originally Posted by NYG4lifeNYK View Post
    Who wouldn't want a bad *** like that? The guy knows jiu jitsu and is a former marine if I remember correctly.

Kidding though..

Seriously he's still relatively young and has a lot to offer, not only as an OC.
    And Gilbride isn't, simple as that.

Seriously he's still relatively young and has a lot to offer, not only as an OC. He's also a good players coach.
    But i thought the scheme was the reason Gilbride didnt get any jobs?

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    But i thought the scheme was the reason Gilbride didnt get any jobs?
    Nope, never once said that.

I said his scheme is what's hindering us at times. If you noticed this season teams would noticeably bait Nicks and Cruz into the route they wanted them to take like using cheese to catch a mouse. They set a trap. Our division has figured out his scheme and other teams are catching on a bit.

Doesn't mean our talent cannot overcome that but that doesn't mean there is no fault there. We weren't able to this season because of Nicks' health.
    ALL IN!!!!!!!!

I'm ALL IN are you?

"Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

#80 - Get well soon Vic

Nope, never once said that.

I said his scheme is what's hindering us at times. If you noticed this season teams would noticeably bait Nicks and Cruz into the route they wanted them to take like using cheese to catch a mouse. They set a trap. Our division has figured out his scheme and other teams are catching on a bit.

Doesn't mean our talent cannot overcome that but that doesn't mean there is no fault there. We weren't able to this season because of Nicks' health.
    You just posted about how his scheme is tired and not creative enough being the reason the giants offense struggles and gilbride doesnt get a HC job.

Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post
    And Gilbride isn't, simple as that.
    And you don't think that if Coughlin still wanted to coach and for whatever reason left the Giants that he wouldn't be highly courted?
    Last edited by NYG4lifeNYK; 01-01-2013 at 07:30 PM.
    ALL IN!!!!!!!!

I'm ALL IN are you?

#80 - Get well soon Vic

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    You just posted about how his scheme is tired and not creative enough being the reason the giants offense struggles and gilbride doesnt get a HC job.
    No.
    ALL IN!!!!!!!!

I'm ALL IN are you?

#80 - Get well soon Vic

So you are saying the system Gilbride runs has nothing to do with why he doesnt get a HC job?

And you don't think if Coughlin still wanted to coach and for whatever reason left the Giants that he wouldn't be highly courted?
    I'm just gonna stop you right here. What exactly is it that you're trying to prove by bringing this up? You said this:

Right, he doesn't have the fire or personality to be a HC. He's purely an X and O guy.

That's plausible. I would accept that claim. Why the hell are you asking though? Purely an X and O guy, fine! That skill-set is much better suited as an OC, and it's translated into a statistically
    successful offense, and two SBs.

He's an offensive Wade Phillips. He has the intelligence to put out a fantastic scheme and get the most from his 11 players but any responsibility past coordinating an offense and he struggles mightily.

I guess ****Lebeau isn't a good DC in PIT since he hasn't been a head coach since 2002.

+ Reply to Thread