+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 47 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: For those that believe Gilbride is a really good coach please ask yourself 1 question

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelousmik View Post
    matt ryan has the most weapons, but i still think he is a very smart qb. just watch him play . brees doesnt turn the ball over more than eli. He turns it over a lot, but still less.
    People don't understand just how important a great TE is for a QB... how much of a security blanket a guy like Witten and Tony Gonzalez are.

If Bennett didn't need to stay in for our incompetent O-line Eli might have a misatch there.
    ALL IN!!!!!!!!

I'm ALL IN are you?

"Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    LOL wow u should stop right now
    I find nothing funny about that statement? So you think if Gilbride got a job elsewhere, the new OC we brought in would have more say in the offense than Eli?
    ALL IN!!!!!!!!

I'm ALL IN are you?

"Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

i took that into consideration. i also take the passes that shoud have been intercepted but wasnt into consideration as well.
    Grading a QB's decision making isn't something you can do by simply going to his ESPN stats. It's one of those attributes that you need to go to the film and review the entire 60 minutes. Schemes are huge in this regard as well because some offenses (like the Redskins) don't offer complex reads due to how they confuse the LBers so well.
    3/25/14 - Updated Mock with 5th round comp pick

1. Anthony Barr, Defensive End, UCLA
    2. Marcus Martin, Center Guard, USC
    3. Anthony Johnson, Defensive Nostril Tackle, LSU
    4. Marcel Jensen, Offensive End, Fresno State
    5. Wesley Johnson, Offensive Any Guard, Vanderbilt
    5. Aaron Colvin, Defensive Halfback, Oklahoma
    6. Storm Johnson, Guy Who Runs With Football, UCF

Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    Over the past 3 years Brees and Eli have thrown an equal number of interceptions (55).
    56 interceptions.

However. brees has thrown 321 more passes.

56 interceptions.

However. brees has thrown 321 more passes.
    Turnovers still kill drives.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    Grading a QB's decision making isn't something you can do by simply going to his ESPN stats. It's one of those attributes that you need to go to the film and review the entire 60 minutes. Schemes are huge in this regard as well because some offenses (like the Redskins) don't offer complex reads due to how they confuse the LBers so well.
    i dont think there is any stat that tells u a pass should have been intercepted. Out of all the top 5 qbs, eli has made some of the most bonehead decisions you will ever see. thats my opinion. And ive seen a lot of bad decisions.
    Last edited by Marvelousmik; 01-01-2013 at 08:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NYG4lifeNYK View Post
    I find nothing funny about that statement? So you think if Gilbride got a job elsewhere, the new OC we brought in would have more say in the offense than Eli?
    Do u really believe Eli already doesnt have say in the offense

Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    Turnovers still kill drives.
    this fact has nothing to do with who makes better decisions.

you gave me a stat stating they have the same number of interceptions over the last 3 years, but didnt take into account how many passes were thrown by each. brees threw almost 2,000 (1,985) passes in the last 3 years. eli has thrown 1,664.

this fact has nothing to do with who makes better decisions.

you gave me a stat stating they have the same number of interceptions over the last 3 years, but didnt take into account how many passes were thrown by each. brees threw almost 2,000 (1,985) passes in the last 3 years. eli has thrown 1,664.
    Interceptions are still interceptions, no matter if they were bad decisions or not.
    Uh..go Giants?

Quote Originally Posted by NYG4lifeNYK View Post
    I believe they could convince Eli to lead this offense much like Peyton does in any offense he's in.

I have that much faith in Eli, has nothing to do with being a homer. Eli doesn't get enough credit. Never has. never will. Especially not with Gilbride's offense because it's not a sexy offense.
    I'm sure they could convince him too, but that doesn't mean he would be happy.

Is this all about Eli getting proper credit for you or is winning more important? We've certainly won our share of SB's in the last 5 years.
    RosieVision - Helping Giants fans see clearly since 2006

http://boards.giants.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=25347&dateline=138526  4905

+ Reply to Thread