+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 47 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 468

Thread: For those that believe Gilbride is a really good coach please ask yourself 1 question

  1. #141
    All-Pro Roosevelt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    1925 Giants Drive
    Posts
    14,971
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    You can debate on a few of those interceptions, but ultimately, they were from high balls and poor decision making from Eli. Why can't the same be said to other quarterbacks who throw just as many if not more than him?
    You gotta be playing with me.
    http://boards.giants.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=25347&dateline=138526  4905

    Torque it till it breaks, then back off a quarter turn.

  2. #142
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    Never said that, but the theme around here is that Eli is the only one who makes bad decisions, but if a another quarterback outperforms him in that category there's an excuse.
    this is partly true. But the over whelming majority acts as the opposite. When Eli does something good hes elite and hes carrying the team but when someone else does it its because they have more weapons or because they're in a better system.

  3. #143
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    Never said that, but the theme around here is that Eli is the only one who makes bad decisions, but if a another quarterback outperforms him in that category there's an excuse.
    Some excuses are valid like attempting more passes. One could argue that going by a QB's Interception ratio is a better indicator than total interceptions.

  4. #144
    All-Pro Rudyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Richmond, Virginia
    Posts
    29,931
    Quote Originally Posted by Roosevelt View Post
    You gotta be playing with me.
    I don't play with strangers.

    Let's go.

  5. #145
    All-Pro Rudyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Richmond, Virginia
    Posts
    29,931
    Quote Originally Posted by Marvelousmik View Post
    this is partly true. But the over whelming majority acts as the opposite. When Eli does something good hes elite and hes carrying the team but when someone else does it its because they have more weapons or because they're in a better system.
    I guess most of the comments are from the radical sides of the fan base.

    Let's go.

  6. #146
    All-Pro NYG4lifeNYK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    11,247
    Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post
    If you're just gonna make **** up without supporting it, why settle for Eli being the third smartest QB? Why not just make him number one?
    Because it's not bull**** it's supported by everything and you as a Giants fan shouldn't need evidence of that.

    Eli's extensive time he puts in, in the film room and working with his receivers, the audibles he makes at the line and his decision making when the pass protection is good tells me everything I need to know.

    Eli's not afraid to make a mistake which is why he throws a lot of INT's. He trusts his receivers too much and tries to do too much to for the team which sometimes has a negative effect.
    ALL IN!!!!!!!!

    I'm ALL IN are you?

    "Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

  7. #147
    All-Pro ny06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    13,809
    Quote Originally Posted by Marvelousmik View Post
    I think its the opposite. When Eli does something good hes elite and hes carrying the team but when someone else does it its because they have more weapons or because they're in a better system.
    I disagree, when Eli makes a play majority of people give credit to everyone not named Eli, and when Eli makes a mistake it's all Eli's fault.
    For example the last game of the season, Eli throws 5 td's and when you ask fellow fans about it they say well the Eagles quit, they suck, etc. Eli Manning is truly the Rodney Dangerfiled of the NFL.

    Giants fan since the early 80s

  8. #148
    All-Pro NYG4lifeNYK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    11,247
    Quote Originally Posted by Marvelousmik View Post
    romo still makes a lot of bad decisions in spite of having a great tight end
    Please no do compare Romo to Eli.

    Eli is light years ahead of Romo.

    Romo since he's been in the league has grown the least out of almost any legit starting QB.
    ALL IN!!!!!!!!

    I'm ALL IN are you?

    "Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

  9. #149
    All-Pro Rudyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Richmond, Virginia
    Posts
    29,931
    I'm not trying to argue and make excuses for Eli's play, but I think a lot of people overreacted from last year and think he totally regressed. There were some head scratching games, but ask yourself..did anyone really play all that well this year?

    Not trying to make this into an Eli thread.

    Let's go.

  10. #150
    All-Pro Roosevelt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    1925 Giants Drive
    Posts
    14,971
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    I don't play with strangers.
    Okay, I just have never heard you criticize Eli's play until now.
    http://boards.giants.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=25347&dateline=138526  4905

    Torque it till it breaks, then back off a quarter turn.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts