+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 47 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: For those that believe Gilbride is a really good coach please ask yourself 1 question

Been saying this for a LONG time. The man can draw plays up with the best of them, he just has a hard time making the right calls at the right time,and needs to know when something just doesn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by NYG4lifeNYK View Post
    Just ask yourself this... since he's been vying (for years, and that is well documented) for a head coaching position than why has not a single team offered him a job? Coordinators are free game every single year. The Gilbride enthusiasts always bring up the point he's won two super bowls. So if he's so accomplished why does he not appeal to any football team in the collegiate or NFL level.

Gilbride supporters also bring up that our offense is generally always tops in the league... blah blah blah

Don't you think with a top QB in Eli and the superior talent surrounding him that we should always have top offense no matter who the OC is?

Gilbride is a good to average OC. He's nothing more, nothing less and we can absolutely do better and also do worse.

I'd love the opportunity to allow someone to do better.

He's here for at least another season so this is the last Gilbride topic I will make, scouts honor ... and we can win despite him.
    I have to agree with you about Gilbride, even though he is a good OC I also think the game has passed him by and he's no longer in touch with the game of today, I might add TC to the same list, he's a good HC and will be here til he wants to leave or gets talked into leaving but todays game has passed him by also

Quote Originally Posted by JesseJames View Post
    I have to agree with you about Gilbride, even though he is a good OC I also think the game has passed him by and he's no longer in touch with the game of today, I might add TC to the same list, he's a good HC and will be here til he wants to leave or gets talked into leaving but todays game has passed him by also
    I'm sure you said that before we won the SB last season, too.

"he is a good to average oc................we can win despite him"

doesn't sound like what you would say about a good to average OC.

Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    I'm sure you said that before we won the SB last season, too.
    yeah I might have said it because I didn't like Gilbride or Fewell then either, you have to remember that you can't keep looking back at what you did last year even if you did win the SB or this league will run over you...
    Last edited by JesseJames; 01-02-2013 at 05:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JesseJames View Post
    yeah I might have said it because I didn't like Fewell then either, you have to remember that you can't keep looking back at what you did last year even if you did win the SB or this league will run over you...
    This thread isn't about Fewell...

However, your stance is that the game passed both TC and KG by in one year?

Veteran
    Wait wait - you skipped over the funniest part of the op's post - supporters bring up the fact that we have a top offense every year - blah blah - umm isn't that all we should care about. And no i don't think just cause we have eli means we WILL have a top 10 offense. Also let it be known Coughlin is an offensive coach first and Gilbride really runs a lot of TC's gameplan. Also comparing a 60+ coughlin being hired to Gilbride makes little sense as TC has already won 2 sb's as a coach who is 60 + where as Gilbride would just be starting his journey - the list of good coordinators bad coaches or guys who are satisfied being great coordinators is GIANT.

Spags, Phillips, Capers, Kiffin, Turner, Ryan.
    I'll take the top ten offense any day - thats easier said then done even with Eli.

Quote Originally Posted by dave56dj View Post
    Wait wait - you skipped over the funniest part of the op's post - supporters bring up the fact that we have a top offense every year - blah blah - umm isn't that all we should care about. And no i don't think just cause we have eli means we WILL have a top 10 offense.
    But not only that, they say that for the past 30 years KG led offenses have put up excellent number is spite of him. Because, yeah, that makes sense.

Veteran
    Well drez he only knows x's and o's - so that makes sense - other coordinators are better at yelling and scowling.

Quote Originally Posted by dave56dj View Post
    Well drez he only knows x's and o's - so that makes sense - other coordinators are better at yelling and scowling.
    Looks
    like Patricia Traina agrees with us, as well: Jeremy S. writes…I’ve heard several people (friends and fellow fans mostly) use lack of interest in Kevin Gilbride as a head coach as an indictment of his skill as an offensive coordinator. To me, this is a foolish statement. There are many coaches who excel as coordinators, yet fail as head coaches (**** LeBeau being one prominent example). I’m of the belief that even though I don’t think that Gilbride would make a good HC, but is still a top OC in the league. Thoughts?
    I agree and the proof’s in the pudding – two Super Bowls in what, now 6 years?

http://insidefootball.com/blog/archives/5797

+ Reply to Thread