+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 47 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: For those that believe Gilbride is a really good coach please ask yourself 1 question

Veteran
    Ha we need to be more like reids eagles? We need to be more like shannahans skins? Shanny had awful offenses until a once in a lifetime qb came along. We've had numbers ever since Gilbride came here. Reid runs, RAN BEFORE HE WAS FIRED, a west coast offense which is not unique but flashier for sure and man did that work out well for the last few years WITH ALL THAT TALENT. OTHER TEAMS GET PAID TO STOP US...you dont always score - you sputter you stop you start - OUR OFFENSE IS STATISTCALLY BETTER then everything you are mentioning and yet thats what you want = oh brother.

overtrains the team? Lombardi just flipped in his grave, oh boy.

Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    The only thing ignorant is your post.
    My friend you do not have a clue. You like most look at wins and losses not a quality, adjustment, etc.
    Look at this guys record. If i am ignorant you are certainly took the short bus to school.

Quote Originally Posted by bashful View Post
    My friend you do not have a clue. You like most look at wins and losses not a quality, adjustment, etc.
    Look at this guys record. If i am ignorant you are certainly took the short bus to school.
    Gilbride's record includes 30 years of having top ranked offenses and 2 SB titles.

Am I forgetting something?

Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    Gilbride's record includes 30 years of having top ranked offenses and 2 SB titles.

Am I forgetting something?
    Yes you are he was not calling the plays in the last two superbowl wins when we had to go to a hurry up offense.. You sound like the troll the best oc in league. Stats are for sports writers and fans.
    How many times has he been fired, hit in the head. TC is his only hope for work. If he were let go he would not find a job unless it was a DIII school

Yes you are he was not calling the plays in the last two superbowl wins when we had to go to a hurry up offense.. You sound like the troll the best oc in league. Stats are for sports writers and fans.
    How many times has he been fired, hit in the head. TC is his only hope for work. If he were let go he would not find a job unless it was a DIII school
    He's coached six teams in almost 20 years. And was long tenured in Houston. Not really like he's been tossed around like crazy

If he got let go, he'd be an OC on another team next season.

Tell me this, during those two comeback wins, whose plays was Eli calling in the no huddle? Oh yeah, Gilbride's. Who installs the 2 minute drill with Eli every week and goes over possible play calls vs. expected defenses? Oh yeah, that'd be Gilbride again.

Just about every OC gets fired at some point in their careers.

Only morons bring up Ryan punching Gilbride thinking that it says something more about Gilbride than it does Ryan.

So, again, if you are looking at track record, Gilbride has a track record of running highly successful offenses for nigh 30 years in the NFL and has been the OC of not one, but two Super Bowl winning teams.

Quote Originally Posted by ELIte4MVP View Post
    He's coached six teams in almost 20 years. And was long tenured in Houston. Not really like he's been tossed around like crazy
    Actually, it's only 5. He was the HC in SD.

Maybe he just doesn't interview well. Lots of reasons why.

Look at Fassell -- guy took his team to 1 SB and while he lost, I'm shocked that he hasn't gotten another opportunity even as an OC. THAT'S crazy. Meanwhile the Chan Gailey's and Eric Mangini's of the world get multiple chances.

It's ok to be frustrated with gilbride at times. But if you were to fire him, there are only a few ocs who'd have the POTENTIAL to be better, and many of them are not available. Couple that with the fact that the risk is not worth the reward, and that's why he's still here. Plus the fact it'll take the offense almost a full season to learn a new offense, on top of any personnel changes on offense that may occur

+ Reply to Thread