+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 47 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast
Results 311 to 320 of 468

Thread: For those that believe Gilbride is a really good coach please ask yourself 1 question

  1. #311
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,130
    Quote Originally Posted by Roosevelt View Post
    Oh no, I've always questioned Eli's decision making. It's obviously one of the reasons we struggle offensively.
    Eli’s decision making, IMO was the difference in his performance in 2011. As I’ve previously stated, I think the fact that Peyton was out for the year and was on the phone with Eli 3-4 times a weeks may have had something to do with that.

    As bad as we played all the way around this past season, if Eli doesn’t make a couple horrible decisions, we probably make the playoffs. He is the way this team goes.

    With the exception of 2011, poor decision making has been a problem Eli has had and I think if he had a better coordinator or QB coach, he would improve in that regard.

  2. #312
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    2,007
    How do you account for the 6th most points in the league - how bout the top offenses in almost every year of gilbride being coach. Its just all eli making up plays in the sand. Are you insinuating Peyton coached eli up in his 8th year in the league?

  3. #313
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,130
    Quote Originally Posted by dave56dj View Post
    How do you account for the 6th most points in the league - how bout the top offenses in almost every year of gilbride being coach. Its just all eli making up plays in the sand. Are you insinuating Peyton coached eli up in his 8th year in the league?
    Eli played way better in 2011 than at any other time during his NFL career. Part of that is from the lockout and defenses not having time to prepare but a big improvement in his game that season was due to his decision making. Now, Eli had stated he was on the phone with Peyton 3-4 times a week that year and I think that had a lot to do with it.

    The fact that we are “statistically” a top offense every season under such a piece of garbage OC with an idiotic system is a compliment to our players on offense.

  4. #314
    Moderator RoanokeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    98,249
    Quote Originally Posted by dave56dj View Post
    How do you account for the 6th most points in the league - how bout the top offenses in almost every year of gilbride being coach. Its just all eli making up plays in the sand. Are you insinuating Peyton coached eli up in his 8th year in the league?
    We are a high scoring suck machine
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1


  5. #315
    All-Pro Rudyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The Trap house
    Posts
    32,283
    Quote Originally Posted by dave56dj View Post
    How do you account for the 6th most points in the league - how bout the top offenses in almost every year of gilbride being coach. Its just all eli making up plays in the sand. Are you insinuating Peyton coached eli up in his 8th year in the league?
    How do you account for second half collapses?

  6. #316
    Quote Originally Posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
    Eli played way better in 2011 than at any other time during his NFL career. Part of that is from the lockout and defenses not having time to prepare but a big improvement in his game that season was due to his decision making. Now, Eli had stated he was on the phone with Peyton 3-4 times a week that year and I think that had a lot to do with it.

    The fact that we are “statistically” a top offense every season under such a piece of garbage OC with an idiotic system is a compliment to our players on offense.
    this one

    couple that with playing some bad defense as well.

  7. #317
    All-Pro joemorrisforprez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    11,334
    I've said this before....when Eli is playing lights-out, Gilbride looks like a ****ing genius.

    But in my opinion, having a QB that can hit bombs is more a reflection on the QB than the coordinator.

    I'm sure if the Giants had Drew Brees, everyone would be singing Gilbride's praises.

    But substitute Christian Ponder for Eli Manning, and it would become apparent just how much of a share of the offensive success belongs with Eli Manning.

    There's a reason why the Giants beat the Patriots twice on their final drives.......and that was Eli Manning, not Gilbride.

    Gilbride is an NFL-caliber assistant, but that's about the most I'll say about him.
    Last edited by joemorrisforprez; 01-06-2013 at 03:05 PM.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

    - Emlen Tunnell

  8. #318
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,130
    Quote Originally Posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
    I've said this before....when Eli is playing lights-out, Gilbride looks like a ****ing genius.

    But in my opinion, having a QB that can hit bombs is more a reflection on the QB than the coordinator.

    I'm sure if the Giants had Drew Brees, everyone would be singing Gilbride's praises.

    But substitute Christian Ponder for Eli Manning, and it would become apparent just how much of a share of the offensive success belongs with Eli Manning.

    There's a reason why the Giants beat the Patriots twice on their final drives.......and that was Eli Manning, not Gilbride.

    Gilbride is an NFL-caliber assistant, but that's about the most I'll say about him.
    Exactly. The system that our OC has in place calls for big plays and virtually lights out play to make it work. This is the reverse of the type of offense that Mike Shannahan runs.

  9. #319
    Do people understand that we had injuries to one of our best receiver Nicks?

  10. #320
    All-Pro Rudyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The Trap house
    Posts
    32,283
    Quote Originally Posted by Diamondring View Post
    Do people understand that we had injuries to one of our best receiver Nicks?
    And yet we still played him.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts