+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 47 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast
Results 341 to 350 of 468

Thread: For those that believe Gilbride is a really good coach please ask yourself 1 question

  1. #341
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,999
    6th most points in the league - ouch big time struggle - SO Hilarious that he has a top rated offense -ITS HIS OFFENSE - he installed it - you don't inherit it. He has got it done with different personnel for 9 years. Im not saying he is amazing - but cmon - stats dont lie. and again TC thinks he's pretty good but again you must know better then one of the best coaches in our history - as do most of you on these boards.

  2. #342
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,130
    It is amazing how folks totally discount stats when it is used to praise Eli but use stats to defend our piece of garbage OC.

  3. #343
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,999
    Who said I ignore anything to do with eli - greatest qb in our history but just cause you have a great qb doesnt always mean you will have a great offense.

  4. #344
    Quote Originally Posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
    I've said this before....when Eli is playing lights-out, Gilbride looks like a ****ing genius.

    But in my opinion, having a QB that can hit bombs is more a reflection on the QB than the coordinator.

    I'm sure if the Giants had Drew Brees, everyone would be singing Gilbride's praises.

    But substitute Christian Ponder for Eli Manning, and it would become apparent just how much of a share of the offensive success belongs with Eli Manning.

    There's a reason why the Giants beat the Patriots twice on their final drives.......and that was Eli Manning, not Gilbride.

    Gilbride is an NFL-caliber assistant, but that's about the most I'll say about him.
    I disagree. His time pasted 10 years ago, sadly, hes been here for Eli's tenure and we cant get rid of him; as it would disrupt Elis progress...YAWN!

    It will be a good day when KG is not the OC anymore. If I had his experience, I promise you this team would be unstoppable offensively. His disconnect with player personnel is astounding, in a bad way.

    His one out of the ordinary play was actually stolen from me. I'd love to be joking but unfortunately its not a joke. He actually took a play I designed several days earlier and used it on the first play of the drive; although he decided to use bradshaw, who got caught after a huge gain, whereas Wilson woulda took it to the house.Again, lack of confidence and player personnel bit us (somewhat) on that play. Granted we won the game convincingly anyways but still, that wuld have been a nice time to use Wilson; unless he though it would be too obvious....suuuuuuuuuuuure!

  5. #345
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    Yeah, we' re going to have to disagree definitely on this one.
    Dave won the arguement by a lot of points.

  6. #346
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,999
    Im sorry now fansa are claiming they made gilbrides plays - BWWWWWWWWAAAAAAHHH.

    Ladies and Gentleman the New York Giants Message Boards.

  7. #347
    All-Pro Rudyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Richmond, Virginia
    Posts
    26,609
    Quote Originally Posted by Diamondring View Post
    Dave won the arguement by a lot of points.
    What points? That we are "statistically" good? Yeah great point. We scored the second most points in team history this season...are you saying this was the best Giants offense? Ok then.
    Will Hill is the J.R. Smith of the NFL.

  8. #348
    All-Pro Drez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    12,316
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    It's not all on Gilbride, I never said it was ALL HIS FAULT. Part of it is in fact execution, injuries, etc etc.

    The reason I question Gilbride more is because we were I believe 2nd in the league in scoring I believe at one point? Then all of a sudden our offense production to a HUGE drop. So it's either all of our players forgot how to play football, or something in the game plan is not working.
    The part of the game plan that wasn't working was the part where the players had to go on the field and make blocks, hit holes, make throws, and get open. That's where we struggled. The players weren't holding up their part of the bargain. Couple that with the defense being a complete ****ing sieve, and we were forced out of whatever gameplan KG may have designed.

  9. #349
    All-Pro Rudyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Richmond, Virginia
    Posts
    26,609
    Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    The part of the game plan that wasn't working was the part where the players had to go on the field and make blocks, hit holes, make throws, and get open. That's where we struggled. The players weren't holding up their part of the bargain. Couple that with the defense being a complete ****ing sieve, and we were forced out of whatever gameplan KG may have designed.
    So what about that second Redskins game? Played pretty well in the first half, then decided to run on a great run defense but not throw on a terrible pass defense.
    Will Hill is the J.R. Smith of the NFL.

  10. #350
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,999
    a voice of reason returns. Drez apparently gilbride has been stealing plays from the dans when he is not running that same tired top ten offense....so boring.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts