+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 47 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dave56dj View Post
    Im sorry now fansa are claiming they made gilbrides plays - BWWWWWWWWAAAAAAHHH.

Ladies and Gentleman the New York Giants Message Boards.
    I think he needs to get a new tin foil hat.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    So what about that second Redskins game? Played pretty well in the first half, then decided to run on a great run defense but not throw on a terrible pass defense.
    You mean the game where we ran for NINETY-SIX yards in the first half?

What I recall of that game that was a bigger issue was the defense not being able to get off the field. We had all of 3 or 4 second half possessions and the defense allowed the Redskins to hold the ball for about TEN MINUTES THIRTY in the fourth quarter. Maybe I'm strange, but in a one point game I think a defense that can't get the ball back to its offense probably has more to do with a loss than running 3 or 4 more running plays than you may have been comfortable with in the second half.

Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    You mean the game where we ran for NINETY-SIX yards in the first half?What I recall of that game that was a bigger issue was the defense not being able to get off the field. We had all of 3 or 4 second half possessions and the defense allowed the Redskins to hold the ball for about TEN MINUTES THIRTY in the fourth quarter. Maybe I'm strange, but in a one point game I think a defense that can't get the ball back to its offense probably has more to do with a loss than running 3 or 4 more running plays than you may have been comfortable with in the second half.
    Yeppp, that game. Don't get me wrong the defense played worse in that game, but the offense did absolutely nothing in the second half.

That GEli guy is clearly trolling. He did it earlier in another thread.

Yeppp, that game. Don't get me wrong the defense played worse in that game, but the offense did absolutely nothing in the second half.
    And that wasn't game plan. That was execution. I'm sure KG didn't tell Beatty to get a holding penalty after picking up a crucial first down.

And that wasn't game plan. That was execution. I'm sure KG didn't tell Beatty to get a holding penalty after picking up a crucial first down.
    Did KG tell Eli to stop throwing the ball too?

Veteran
    Drez that is in fact one his play calls - i right - 56 slot - hold LT on three.

Did KG tell Eli to stop throwing the ball too?
    We threw more passes than runs in the second half. Eli also checks into run or pass at the line. I'm also positive that when KG was calling in plays in the 3Q (after having great success running in the first half), that he didn't think his offense wouldn't have more than a possession and a half in the 4Q.

We were also 3/13 on deep passes in that game...

We threw more passes than runs in the second half. Eli also checks into run or pass at the line. I'm also positive that when KG was calling in plays in the 3Q (after having great success running in the first half), that he didn't think his offense wouldn't have more than a possession and a half in the 4Q. We were also 3/13 on deep passes in that game...
    That's the problem. Stop going deep. The deep ball wasnt there this year, and we kept doing that.

KG went with the right plan in the 2nd Redskins game. Haslett has had Eli's number in recent years in terms of TD/Int ratio so they didn't want to turn the ball over so easily through the air. The Redskins offense is just too physical for our defense to handle and it doesn't help when you have fluke fumble TDs scored against you lol.