+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 47 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Marvelousmik View Post
    You brought up the fact that matt ryan has a great tight end and that helps with decisions making. im letting u know romo also has a good tight end.
    I'm aware that's why I brought up Witten lol. Witten is still probably the best TE in the league. Tony Gonzalez is right there as well.
    ALL IN!!!!!!!!

I'm ALL IN are you?

"Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

#80 - Get well soon Vic

Quote Originally Posted by gumby74 View Post
    In 2011 when Eli played brilliantly, consistently, all season long, did people give credit to Eli? Practically everyone on this board and the media were riding his jock. Consistency breeds confidence. Inconsistency just brings about questions. Eli was inconsistent this year.
    And he deserved all the praise last season. If not for him the Giants would have been watching the playoffs on the couch with the rest of us.
    And yes Eli was inconsistent this season, but so was the WHOLE team.

Giants fan since the early 80s

id agree with this philosophy if it was possible. But the trend on here is if eli plays bad and we lose its all his fault. however if we win he carried the team. he gets almost all the blame and all the credit. Although i think gilbride takes a little more blame.
    This year's scapegoats seem to be Gilbride, Tuck, Bradshaw, Fewell, and Webster. Some blame is warranted but one would assume they were witches meant to be put on the stake with they way they are talked about here.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    This year's scapegoats seem to be Gilbride, Tuck, Bradshaw, Fewell, and Webster. Some blame is warranted but one would assume they were witches meant to be put on the stake with they way they are talked about here.
    agreed. eli is getting almost all the blame now but up until recently it seemed to be just KG and fewell

id agree with this philosophy if it was possible. But the trend on here is if eli plays bad and we lose its all his fault. however if we win he carried the team. he gets almost all the blame and all the credit. Although i think gilbride takes a little more blame.
    It is possible, some just choose not to do it.
    Finalized divorce from Victor Michael Walker Cruz November 23rd, 2014. 9:16 PM.

agreed. eli is getting almost all the blame now but up until recently it seemed to be just KG and fewell
    The reaction when Eli has a bad game seems to be along the lines of "Well, that's just inconsistent Eli" or "Every QB has a bad day" but the other players get it much worse from the fans. Tuck has been our best player in both of our SBs and Bradshaw has worked his butt off with several injuries to be the heart of this team but people were ready to kick them to the streets this year. I just can't feel sorry for Eli when other guys get trashed much harsher.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    The reaction when Eli has a bad game seems to be along the lines of "Well, that's just inconsistent Eli" or "Every QB has a bad day" but the other players get it much worse from the fans. Tuck has been our best player in both of our SBs and Bradshaw has worked his butt off with several injuries to be the heart of this team but people were ready to kick them to the streets this year. I just can't feel sorry for Eli when other guys get trashed much harsher.
    Tuck just irks me a little. He just looks like he doesn't even want to be there sometimes, just do yourself a favor and retire and I mean that in the nicest way possible. I love Justin Tuck to death but he's just not mentally there anymore.
    Finalized divorce from Victor Michael Walker Cruz November 23rd, 2014. 9:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    Tuck just irks me a little. He just looks like he doesn't even want to be there sometimes, just do yourself a favor and retire and I mean that in the nicest way possible. I love Justin Tuck to death but he's just not mentally there anymore.
    His body and career were ruined by that jerk Flozell Adams. It might be time to retire or to reduce his snaps but considering what he has done for this franchise, he deserves a little leeway like Eli gets. Same can be said for Bradshaw who everybody wanted to drop like a hot potato because of Wilson and Brown. I do think the reason Eli gets more "coddled" in the Giants fanbase is because of how he was treated and trashed prior to the 2007 Superbowl and to some extent, the 2010 regular season performance he had. There's been such a negative reaction OUTSIDE Giants nation that you now see people being hyper defensive over him even from their own fans.

Quote Originally Posted by NYG4lifeNYK View Post
    Just ask yourself this... since he's been vying (for years, and that is well documented) for a head coaching position than why has not a single team offered him a job? Coordinators are free game every single year. The Gilbride enthusiasts always bring up the point he's won two super bowls. So if he's so accomplished why does he not appeal to any football team in the collegiate or NFL level.

Gilbride supporters also bring up that our offense is generally always tops in the league... blah blah blah

Don't you think with a top QB in Eli and the superior talent surrounding him that we should always have top offense no matter who the OC is?

Gilbride is a good to average OC. He's nothing more, nothing less and we can absolutely do better and also do worse.

I'd love the opportunity to allow someone to do better.

He's here for at least another season so this is the last Gilbride topic I will make, scouts honor ... and we can win despite him.
    Who says he's been "vying"? I don't want to break this to you, but you need to be asking Reese and Mara, not anyone who hangs out here.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    +1.