+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 47 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Who says he's been "vying"? I don't want to break this to you, but you need to be asking Reese and Mara, not anyone who hangs out here.
    Beat reporters, Mike Garafolo and others over the years. It's well documented.
    ALL IN!!!!!!!!

I'm ALL IN are you?

"Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

Quote Originally Posted by ny06 View Post
    I disagree, when Eli makes a play majority of people give credit to everyone not named Eli, and when Eli makes a mistake it's all Eli's fault.
    For example the last game of the season, Eli throws 5 td's and when you ask fellow fans about it they say well the Eagles quit, they suck, etc. Eli Manning is truly the Rodney Dangerfiled of the NFL.
    Quote Originally Posted by gumby74 View Post
    In 2011 when Eli played brilliantly, consistently, all season long, did people give credit to Eli? Practically everyone on this board and the media were riding his jock. Consistency breeds confidence. Inconsistency just brings about questions. Eli was inconsistent this year.
    Quote Originally Posted by ny06 View Post
    And he deserved all the praise last season. If not for him the Giants would have been watching the playoffs on the couch with the rest of us.
    And yes Eli was inconsistent this season, but so was the WHOLE team.
    I agree. I was just pointing out that Eli deserves all the criticism and praise that he gets. And that there isn't some hidden agenda that the public has against Eli.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    Really?

I would if I didn't see a hundred "ELI SUXXX HE IS RESPONSIBLE FOR EVERYTHING!" threads.
    C'mon. He is responsible for all that has ever been right in Giant land. For without him our organization would be the....Jets.
    http://boards.giants.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=25347&dateline=138526  4905

Quote Originally Posted by Roosevelt View Post
    C'mon. He is responsible for all that has ever been right in Giant land. For without him our organization would be the....Jets.
    I don't agree with that either.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    His body and career were ruined by that jerk Flozell Adams. It might be time to retire or to reduce his snaps but considering what he has done for this franchise, he deserves a little leeway like Eli gets. Same can be said for Bradshaw who everybody wanted to drop like a hot potato because of Wilson and Brown. I do think the reason Eli gets more "coddled" in the Giants fanbase is because of how he was treated and trashed prior to the 2007 Superbowl and to some extent, the 2010 regular season performance he had. There's been such a negative reaction OUTSIDE Giants nation that you now see people being hyper defensive over him even from their own fans.
    id say tucks year was about as bad as eli's rookie year...thats extreme. tuck had a terrible year tho

ehh...same with all the Fewell pissing and moaning....
    its all bull****. They are the coaches and stop crying about it. Hope they do better next season along with the rest of the team....
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

i get what ur saying enigma about 44 and tuck. and agree to an extent. but man, tuck saying those things about rg3 just completely enraged me...compounded with his bad play...i dunno, the tuck ragging was warranted imo

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    i get what ur saying enigma about 44 and tuck. and agree to an extent. but man, tuck saying those things about rg3 just completely enraged me...compounded with his bad play...i dunno, the tuck ragging was warranted imo
    You're so full of crap, but nice try.
    http://boards.giants.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=25347&dateline=138526  4905

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    He kept Diehl at RT for 2 games when Locklear was struggling himself. Also, I think that decision was on TC, not KG.

If he thought Barden or Randle were better options earlier, he would have used them. We used Hixon a lot this season.
    So thats it??? Killdrive has a struggling offense most of the year, so
    he puts in a crappy RT and does not replace an ailing reciever?

I guess it's true he did nothing else. No one has an answer, thats for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by OX1 View Post
    So thats it??? Killdrive has a struggling offense most of the year, so
    he puts in a crappy RT and does not replace an ailing reciever?

I guess it's true he did nothing else. No one has an answer, thats for sure.
    Who was he going to replace Nicks with? No one stepped up to fill his role. We rotated Hixon in a lot, and he did pretty ok, but none of the receivers established themselves to replace Nicks (or as a 3rd) on a reliable basis. Sure, Randle looked good against the Eagles, but there's no saying that he would have played as well earlier in the season. So, who should have KG put in instead? It's easy to sit there and say, "Gilbride should have sat Nicks," but much another to actually have replacement for him.

What part of Locklear was struggling before Diehl came back is hard to understand? It wasn't like he was playing so lights out that it was a ridiculous notion to see what Diehl could offer. In hindsight should we have stayed with Locklear, yeah I'd say so, but at the time he wasn't playing much better than Diehl.

The problem was the guys on the field weren't taking care of their own ****. Eli's deep ball was little off most of the season, so we lost quite a few opportunities there... The OL (even with Locklear in the line-up) struggled in pass protection much of the season and had been inconsistent in run blocking. Nicks was injured all season, AB was banged up most of the year and Brown went down, leaving us a rookie RB that was suspect in pass pro and some off the street vets. The receivers had issues uncovering most of the year. All of those things combine to form an offense that struggled at times.