+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 47 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: For those that believe Gilbride is a really good coach please ask yourself 1 question

Bench Player

Is it Gilbride's offense or a Coghlan's conservative offense that Gilbride is forced

to run? This offense has to have receivers that can get open. Nicks was hobbled, Cruz was double team with a safety over the top, most games. No running game and there you have it, poor offense. Bennett could get open but drop the ball half the time. If Eli did not thread the needle, we were done this year.

Quote Originally Posted by rar57 View Post
    to run? This offense has to have receivers that can get open. Nicks was hobbled, Cruz was double team with a safety over the top, most games. No running game and there you have it, poor offense. Bennett could get open but drop the ball half the time. If Eli did not thread the needle, we were done this year.
    It's Gilbride's offense and Coughlin's philosophy.

Veteran
    what offense is it that doesn't need wr's to get open - we should run that one. But if we can't figure that out - I say we stay with the guy who continues to run a top ten offense year to year.

and i say we allow the "smart fans" to continue to say they can call every shotgun draw (50 percent of the time its the only way to run out of the draw all the time). Oh and it matters not if it works. Maybe sparano can come install the wildcat. Or we can run the pistol with eli instead of rg3, or maybe more tricklery like the niners? Fans will always have gripes about their coordinators cause they see lots of similar plays but that doesn't mean its easy to defend or not working. You cant put up 30-40 every game.
    Last edited by dave56dj; 01-02-2013 at 09:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    Being a good HC and a good coordinator have absolute nothing to do with each other. Some guys are just not cut out to be HC's, despite being excellent coordinators, i.e. **** LeBeau.

So, can people stop bringing this subject up like it's some indictment of KG as an OC; it's just ignorant and makes you look foolish.
    If you really believe this you are ignorant. He is average at best and has been fired everywhere he has been except for TC's love for him. We can do much better. The man gets out coached just about every game. He had nothing to do with the two SB wins both times we came from behing and it was Eli calling his own plays not the the troll.

Quote Originally Posted by bashful View Post
    If you really believe this you are ignorant. He is average at best and has been fired everywhere he has been except for TC's love for him. We can do much better. The man gets out coached just about every game. He had nothing to do with the two SB wins both times we came from behing and it was Eli calling his own plays not the the troll.
    The only thing ignorant is your post.

Veteran
    our offense scores just to spite gilbride - unreal. Eli may change plays - BUT THEY ARE ALL GILBRIDE AND COUGHLINS PLAYS - he is checking based on a pre box read - BASED ON THEIR OFFENSE. He doesn't draw plays up in the sand. They are top 10 almost every year - because they are talented and have good coaches, including KG. Many fans are limited in their understanding of x's and o's so they see the same plays over and over - but they are not seeing the nuances of a pulling guard or a change in a blocking scheme. Hate gilbride all you want cause you can call a shotgun draw but this is not the giants main problem.

Quote Originally Posted by dave56dj View Post
    our offense scores just to spite gilbride - unreal. Eli may change plays - BUT THEY ARE ALL GILBRIDE AND COUGHLINS PLAYS - he is checking based on a pre box read - BASED ON THEIR OFFENSE. He doesn't draw plays up in the sand. They are top 10 almost every year - because they are talented and have good coaches, including KG. Many fans are limited in their understanding of x's and o's so they see the same plays over and over - but they are not seeing the nuances of a pulling guard or a change in a blocking scheme. Hate gilbride all you want cause you can call a shotgun draw but this is not the giants main problem.
    Well, it seems to me most fans think that if they can call run or pass that they know the play that's being called.

Veteran
    Even funnier is that they think if they can guess a play right so can the defense (which may be true)- but that doesnt mean they will stop it. The 90 team was the most predictable offense ive seen and wether or not you knew what was coming you weren't stopping it.

Hell lombardi ran sweeps left and right all day and NO ONE was able to stop it - they were machines at running it. I know I know the gun draw doesn't always work but you'd be suprised to learn that most often it does wether called or not.

Quote Originally Posted by dave56dj View Post
    Even funnier is that they think if they can guess a play right so can the defense (which may be true)- but that doesnt mean they will stop it. The 90 team was the most predictable offense ive seen and wether or not you knew what was coming you weren't stopping it.

Hell lombardi ran sweeps left and right all day and NO ONE was able to stop it - they were machines at running it. I know I know the gun draw doesn't always work but you'd be suprised to learn that most often it does wether called or not.
    With as much film as coaching staffs watch, I'd be surprised if much of anything comes as a surprise... Maybe a few things here or there, but for the most part opposing teams generally know what's coming both offensively and defensively.

Banned
    I concur with NYG4Life

Gilbride s very predictable inside the Red Oooops Green Zone. And is our offense so damn complicated that we can never work rookies into the offense like Reid's Eagles, Shanahan's Redskins, and even the Cowboys. I'm tired of this attitude towards rookies. We just can't seem to get our top three picks to shine. Stop. Start. Stutter. Sputter. A glimpse here, a glimpser there. Either they are good and they should move in and play or we didn't have a need at that position. Maybe its a GM issue. Nicks seems to be the only exception to the rule. Cruz was a bluebird. And JPP seems to have peaked. Either the player evaluation is wrong or the system is not allowing these players to reach maximum potential. Which is it?

Next, is it possible that Coughlin overtrains the team and that exlains the physical and mental sag in November? It can happen to any athlete.

+ Reply to Thread