+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 47 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ELIte4MVP View Post
    It's ok to be frustrated with gilbride at times. But if you were to fire him, there are only a few ocs who'd have the POTENTIAL to be better, and many of them are not available. Couple that with the fact that the risk is not worth the reward, and that's why he's still here. Plus the fact it'll take the offense almost a full season to learn a new offense, on top of any personnel changes on offense that may occur
    Exactly the you run the risk of the offense actually getting worse with a new OC.

All-Pro

Killdrive supporters ? for you

What is your take on why the offense was no good this year, every time someone makes a comment about the OC you guys remind us of how good he is yet you have no explanation why he is good nor do you have any reasoning why our offense struggled. ?? minus a couple of games where we really padded our stats like Saints, Eagles how would you rate our offense and what do you think the reason was.

Remember now Killdrive is a great OC and cannot be replaced and Eli is a future hall of famer, so explain to us haters what the deal is.

This should be very interesting!!! or are you just devil advocates that try to bring balance to the boards ?

We have no short game.

All-Pro
    Are u a supporter of Killdrive ?

Quote Originally Posted by sheepdip View Post
    Are u a supporter of Killdrive ?
    Me? Yes. In so far as the people who call for his head usually have a really bad idea of who to replace him with.

Now if we were to get Norv Turner as an OC, I wouldn't complain.

Quote Originally Posted by sheepdip View Post
    What is your take on why the offense was no good this year, every time someone makes a comment about the OC you guys remind us of how good he is yet you have no explanation why he is good nor do you have any reasoning why our offense struggled. ?? minus a couple of games where we really padded our stats like Saints, Eagles how would you rate our offense and what do you think the reason was.

Remember now Killdrive is a great OC and cannot be replaced and Eli is a future hall of famer, so explain to us haters what the deal is.

This should be very interesting!!! or are you just devil advocates that try to bring balance to the boards ?
    2 shortcommings that happened this year that did not happened last year.

Passing efficiency was down:
    Nicks admitted yesterday or so it was reported on Big Blue Kickoff live that he was hampered more than every this year from years past with his injuries to both foot & knee. In the KG offense it is essential to have 3 viable WR's on the field on passing downs. No exceptions it's a read & react to the secondary route running that Nicks could not perfrom sucessfully. Opponent Ds watch film new this & concentrated more on Cruz who was basically shut down with double coverage. We can kid ourselves all we want to but this offense is built upon big play passing game to flip the field. Another was the fact that they had to break in a new TE again this season. Not sitting Nicks & playing Randle more hurt the passing game IMHO anyway.

Running efficiency was down:
    When the NYG run offense was at its pinnacle ask yourself this question. How many RB's were used on a consistant basis? The answer was 3, remember earth wind & fire. This season we suffered more than normal with the loss of BJ then Andre Brown. No big back to soften up the D & bring the safeties closer to the line of scrimmage. We had the wind with Wilson & Fire with Bradshaw but no earth. PS: not playing Wilson more was a mistake IMHO anyway.

If all come back healthy next year I expect another season with close to 5000 yds passing & over 30 TD passing season. If they can get Earth back in the run game that will improve the short yardage problem also.

That's my opinion. I reported now you decide.

Quote Originally Posted by jakegibbs View Post
    2 shortcommings that happened this year that did not happened last year.

Passing efficiency was down:
    Nicks admitted yesterday or so it was reported on Big Blue Kickoff live that he was hampered more than every this year from years past with his injuries to both foot & knee. In the KG offense it is essential to have 3 viable WR's on the field on passing downs. No exceptions it's a read & react to the secondary route running that Nicks could not perfrom sucessfully. Opponent Ds watch film new this & concentrated more on Cruz who was basically shut down with double coverage. We can kid ourselves all we want to but this offense is built upon big play passing game to flip the field. Another was the fact that they had to break in a new TE again this season. Not sitting Nicks & playing Randle more hurt the passing game IMHO anyway.

Running efficiency was down:
    When the NYG run offense was at its pinnacle ask yourself this question. How many RB's were used on a consistant basis? The answer was 3, remember earth wind & fire. This season we suffered more than normal with the loss of BJ then Andre Brown. No big back to soften up the D & bring the safeties closer to the line of scrimmage. We had the wind with Wilson & Fire with Bradshaw but no earth. PS: not playing Wilson more was a mistake IMHO anyway.

If all come back healthy next year I expect another season with close to 5000 yds passing & over 30 TD passing season. If they can get Earth back in the run game that will improve the short yardage problem also.

That's my opinion. I reported now you decide.
    I'm not sure you can say Cruz was "shut down" with almost 1,100 yards. I do agree about the 3 WR scheme.

There is no question we are better with either a tandem running game or a three back scheme
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

"Don't you think with a top QB in Eli and the superior talent surrounding him that we should always have top offense no matter who the OC is?"

All teams think they have superior talent so what's your point? Look at the dream team or the boys or the deadskins. You don't think they have superior talent?

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    I'm not sure you can say Cruz was "shut down" with almost 1,100 yards. I do agree about the 3 WR scheme.

There is no question we are better with either a tandem running game or a three back scheme
    Can't really say that since we haven't had the horse since Tiki.

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    Can't really say that since we haven't had the horse since Tiki.
    I'm not sure I get that. I'm saying we've recently had more success with a multiple back set. Even Tiki had Jacobs for a change up back.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80