+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 47 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdip View Post
    What is your take on why the offense was no good this year, every time someone makes a comment about the OC you guys remind us of how good he is yet you have no explanation why he is good nor do you have any reasoning why our offense struggled. ?? minus a couple of games where we really padded our stats like Saints, Eagles how would you rate our offense and what do you think the reason was.

Remember now Killdrive is a great OC and cannot be replaced and Eli is a future hall of famer, so explain to us haters what the deal is.

This should be very interesting!!! or are you just devil advocates that try to bring balance to the boards ?
    This reasons for this season's offenses have been explained ad nauseum; it's just that your blind hate of KG makes you disregard those explanations out of hand.

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    I'm not sure I get that. I'm saying we've recently had more success with a multiple back set. Even Tiki had Jacobs for a change up back.
    The last 5 years of his career Tiki averaged over 300 carries per year. Then add to that averaging 60+ receptions per year as well.

Ahmad Bradshaw and Jacobs averaged half of that (and a third on receptions).

There's a huge difference between "spelling" and "splitting".

Either can work and no way is better than the other ... it just depends on personnel. If we had Adrian Petersen (or Tiki still for that matter), would you really want to see AB or Jacobs getting half the carries?

P.S.- Jacobs had less than 50 attempts in 2005 and less than 100 attempts in 2006 ... the years he was spelling Tiki.

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    The last 5 years of his career Tiki averaged over 300 carries per year. Then add to that averaging 60+ receptions per year as well.

Ahmad Bradshaw and Jacobs averaged half of that (and a third on receptions).

There's a huge difference between "spelling" and "splitting".

Either can work and no way is better than the other ... it just depends on personnel. If we had Adrian Petersen (or Tiki still for that matter), would you really want to see AB or Jacobs getting half the carries?

P.S.- Jacobs had less than 50 attempts in 2005 and less than 100 attempts in 2006 ... the years he was spelling Tiki.
    We clearly don't have a feature back now, IMO. That could always change, but Tiki was unique and carried this team for several years.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

I said I never bash KG agian after 2 SB wins... While I dont think he is the best, the team has confidence in him and the players are the ones who dont execute... Sometimes he has me scratchin my head but nothing this year made me wonder more than TC electing to go for it on 4th down 3 times int he Atlanta game when FGs could have been made...

When Eli plays like trash so does the rest of the team...

We clearly don't have a feature back now, IMO. That could always change, but Tiki was unique and carried this team for several years.
    To my point that we just don't have the horse to run a feature back set.

To be honest, I kind of miss having the all-in-one guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    To my point that we just don't have the horse to run a feature back set.

To be honest, I kind of miss having the all-in-one guy.
    And I prefer the tandem/trio as it SHOULD extend their shelf life
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

To add my 2 cents, I'm impartial so long as it's working, lol. Though, I must say I do miss having a running back that's a natural receiver like Tiki was. Hoping DW can be that guy moving forward.

I forgot to tell you that you were right abour our rb situations.

Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    To add my 2 cents, I'm impartial so long as it's working, lol. Though, I must say I do miss having a running back that's a natural receiver like Tiki was. Hoping DW can be that guy moving forward.
    Success is an amazing healer lol

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondring View Post
    I forgot to tell you that you were right abour our rb situations.
    I don't read that very often lol

# 80