+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 47 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: For those that believe Gilbride is a really good coach please ask yourself 1 question

Veteran
    I think we have the talent on offense even without Nicks. The issue to me is not using everyone properly or lack of changing game plans and offensive strategies.

He utilizes a variation of the 'Run and Shoot' offense, the original conception was designed for a 4 wide set and increase running abilities, his base is normally a Two wide set with the occasional Three, and a one dimensional run game,

he is not a high level Coach, and this Superbowl argument is tiresome, the offense didn't Win the Superbowl or get them into it, the defense got hot and they rode it,

he forces players into his concept which regardless if they won twenty Superbowl's it's an Egotistical way of looking at things, a complex offense for the sake of boasting complexity in the league, you have to be able to adapt to the players and incorporate their strengths and skill sets

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    To my point that we just don't have the horse to run a feature back set.

To be honest, I kind of miss having the all-in-one guy.
    But that All-In-One guy gets injured and you have to bring in someone cold off the bench. There are benefits to both, I just like having two or three guys situationally playing every game.
    Last edited by RoanokeFan; 01-04-2013 at 03:26 PM.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by TheShouldersOf View Post
    He utilizes a variation of the 'Run and Shoot' offense, the original conception was designed for a 4 wide set and increase running abilities, his base is normally a Two wide set with the occasional Three, and a one dimensional run game,

he is not a high level Coach, and this Superbowl argument is tiresome, the offense didn't Win the Superbowl or get them into it, the defense got hot and they rode it,

he forces players into his concept which regardless if they won twenty Superbowl's it's an Egotistical way of looking at things, a complex offense for the sake of boasting complexity in the league, you have to be able to adapt to the players and incorporate their strengths and skill sets
    Whose concept should be used?
    Last edited by RoanokeFan; 01-04-2013 at 03:27 PM.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by TheShouldersOf View Post

1. The only similarity to the Run and Shoot is sight adjustment routes which EVERYBODY runs. In other words, we do NOT run a variation of the Run and Shoot.

2. Since KG has been our OC, we have had the most prolonged period of offensive success I can remember as a Giants fan. Our offense is more dynamic than it has ever been.

I'm not a huge KG fan because he is (in my view) far too rigid in his philosophy, but there is no doubt that he has been a successful OC for us.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by sheepdip View Post
    What is your take on why the offense was no good this year, every time someone makes a comment about the OC you guys remind us of how good he is yet you have no explanation why he is good nor do you have any reasoning why our offense struggled. ?? minus a couple of games where we really padded our stats like Saints, Eagles how would you rate our offense and what do you think the reason was.

Remember now Killdrive is a great OC and cannot be replaced and Eli is a future hall of famer, so explain to us haters what the deal is.

This should be very interesting!!! or are you just devil advocates that try to bring balance to the boards ?
    The answers should be obvious to you.

1. Injuries to Hakeem Nick, OL, and RB
    2. An erratic Eli Manning
    RosieVision - Helping Giants fans see clearly since 2006

http://boards.giants.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=25347&dateline=138526  4905

Quote Originally Posted by Roosevelt View Post
    The answers should be obvious to you.

1. Injuries to Hakeem Nick, OL, and RB
    2. An erratic Eli Manning
    NO WAY

Why discount the SB argument? Isn't that the pinnicle of success and what we are trying to acheive? I'd rather win SBs with Gilbride than have the best offense and not win the big one, ala the Patriots.
    Do not feed the trolls.

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    NO WAY
    This just confirms what we already knew about Rosie....That he's a hater. Not just of Eli, but of all of God's creatures.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    This just confirms what we already knew about Rosie....That he's a hater. Not just of Eli, but of all of God's creatures.
    LMAO, watch the backlash

+ Reply to Thread