+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 47 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post
    What I find interesting is the point that the one guy made when he said that Gilbride had to "make a deal with the devil to work in the NFL," speaking of course to never being a HC for an extended period of time.

Unfortunately for Gilbride, Ryan Leaf was his QB, and the emotional instability is really the worst attribute you can possess in a Gilbride-esque offense, which is probably one of the most complex schemes in the NFL.

What Gilbride demands from his QBs is what makes Eli so impressive to some people (myself included), and yet so underwhelming to others. The results aren't always pretty, or spectacular, but the management of responsibility is really impressive and goes unnoticed by too many people.
    Yeah. I always love people's reactions when I tell them that the Giants' offense is one of the most complicated offenses in the league. They're always like, "GTFO!" until I start describing some of the intricacies of the offense (or at least what little, likely misguided, knowledge I have of it, lol).

Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    Yeah. I always love people's reactions when I tell them that the Giants' offense is one of the most complicated offenses in the league. They're always like, "GTFO!" until I start describing some of the intricacies of the offense (or at least what little, likely misguided, knowledge I have of it, lol).
    My favorite is when they criticize Gilbride for his "over-simplified" scheme. Simple? Seriously? !

There's a lot of work put into the offense every single snap of the game. Every minuscule possibility is accounted for pre-snap, and the only thing left is to go out and execute. Some people aren't okay with that type of offense, which is fine, but the results (two SBs since 2007) speak for themselves. Let's be happy that we have a QB that has been able to master an offense that not many have the capability to even attempt to run.

Personally, I love this execution-based offense. At least on Mondays -- if need be -- I have a solid idea of who is to be held accountable.

No question Gilbride should be fired.

Quote Originally Posted by Giantsfan241 View Post
    No question Gilbride should be fired.
    Yup, no brainer.

I am glad u agree with me godfather.

Yeah, it is very complicated. After all there so many variations of Run, Run, Pass, Kick. Especially the shotgun draw and if you need 3 yards chuck it down the field for 40 or if you need 7, throw it for 3 and hope you will fool someone. Give me a break. There is only one reason why no one wants Killdrive: He sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by giantsforce View Post
    Yeah, it is very complicated. After all there so many variations of Run, Run, Pass, Kick. Especially the shotgun draw and if you need 3 yards chuck it down the field for 40 or if you need 7, throw it for 3 and hope you will fool someone. Give me a break. There is only one reason why no one wants Killdrive: He sucks.
    We might have a new winner for most ignorant post in the thread.

We might have a new winner for most ignorant post in the thread.
    All I know is that if I can guess the plays before each snap, it can not be that complicated. Again, if Run up the middle, Run up the middle, Pass, Kick, is complicated for you, then so be it.

Quote Originally Posted by giantsforce View Post
    All I know is that if I can guess the plays before each snap, it can not be that complicated. Again, if Run up the middle, Run up the middle, Pass, Kick, is complicated for you, then so be it.
    Guessing run or pass is not guessing the play.

Veteran
    ha - there is no difference between a trap and a sweep or a delay or a draw or counter - fans are guessing run or pass and are right 50 percent of the time which means clearly gilbride is a fool. Even if the play works, if a fan called it then it must be bad. Even if your offense scores a boat load of points, 6th in the league, your coordinator must be bad if a fan can guess a shotgun draw (one of the only ways to run out of gun). Everyone wants kg gone, except every fan who appreciates a good offense, coughlin and reese. But everyone else ya know.