+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 47 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dave56dj View Post
    ha - there is no difference between a trap and a sweep or a delay or a draw or counter - fans are guessing run or pass and are right 50 percent of the time which means clearly gilbride is a fool. Even if the play works, if a fan called it then it must be bad. Even if your offense scores a boat load of points, 6th in the league, your coordinator must be bad if a fan can guess a shotgun draw (one of the only ways to run out of gun). Everyone wants kg gone, except every fan who appreciates a good offense, coughlin and reese. But everyone else ya know.
    Chip Kelly for OC!!! Come on man, it's the sexy pick!!

Veteran
    but i can call run 50 percent of the time when he coaches too, he sucks, cleveland better fire him already.

but i can call run 50 percent of the time when he coaches too, he sucks, cleveland better fire him already.
    No dude, you don't want to mess with the intelligent minds on these boards. There are people in front of TVs watching Gilbride's offense going: "Holy **** hun, you see that? Haven't seen them run 'eighty strong 69 y post shallow x cross' since my days in the academy. I mean, nice call -- really brings me back, but I totally saw it coming!"

I guess everyone is just talking about his choice of plays. Yet how about we look at play design. As a guy who does know how to make real football plays I have learned from the past, play design is very important. I've seen screes from the wrs and backs and even te screens. I've seen a lot of good play design. Yet I believe that KG relies more on players' abilities than his own play calling.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondring View Post
    Yet I believe that KG relies more on players' abilities than his own play calling.
    It's a players scheme. They dictate the play calling based on what the defense does. It's not the simple "KG talks into headset, Eli hears him, tells the players, they run shotgun draw"-mechanical like system that people think it is.

Gilbride is a good OC. His problem is he works for my way or the highway Coughlin.

Veteran
    Yeah that TC is a real bummer - all those wins and those rings are just plain annoying. Again 2 in nine years? Pathetic - yes 14 teams dont have any and seven have only one in their history and 3 with only two in their ENTIRE history - but TC is just sooo....ssssssoooo.....ummm...well he likes it his way which has proven to be pretty amazing, but ugh.......SUPERBOWLS so frustrating ya know.

gmen - how dare you use an actual play call - what you mean is run left, correct?

Yeah that TC is a real bummer - all those wins and those rings are just plain annoying. Again 2 in nine years? Pathetic - yes 14 teams dont have any and seven have only one in their history and 3 with only two in their ENTIRE history - but TC is just sooo....ssssssoooo.....ummm...well he likes it his way which has proven to be pretty amazing, but ugh.......SUPERBOWLS so frustrating ya know.

gmen - how dare you use an actual play call - what you mean is run left, correct?
    "Run to the left" *play start---UH RUN TO THE RIGHT I MEAN!

Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post
    "Run to the left" *play start---UH RUN TO THE RIGHT I MEAN!
    And I really do believe that's how 98% of the people that piss and moan about being able to call what plays we are going to run do. Ok, so it's a run to the left... Is it between the G and T, off tackle, off the edge? What kind of blocking scheme are we using? Is it straight man or are we mixing in a little zone blocking? Are we pulling a guard? If so, is it the play side or back side G? Or have we decided to pull the center or swing out the T instead?

Veteran
    drez gmen it really is fun watching the zone schemes in houston. We certainly run our share of zones schemes as well but man does kubiak and that line have them down - fun to watch - great back too. I mean i like the middle run and left run.