+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 47 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Thread: For those that believe Gilbride is a really good coach please ask yourself 1 question

Quote Originally Posted by giantsforce View Post
    Yeah, it is very complicated. After all there so many variations of Run, Run, Pass, Kick. Especially the shotgun draw and if you need 3 yards chuck it down the field for 40 or if you need 7, throw it for 3 and hope you will fool someone.
    You do realize that Eli checks into most of our draws? Also, throwing downfield on in a short yardage situation or throwing short in a long yardage situation aren't play calls, those are decisions made by the QB on where to go with the ball on a given play? Very seldom on a 3rd and 1 will ALL the routes be run deep. Maybe we throw deep so often in that situation because the defense has taken away the short and intermediate routes leaving the best option a deep receiver that isolated 1v1 on a DB.

Quote Originally Posted by dave56dj View Post
    drez gmen it really is fun watching the zone schemes in houston. We certainly run our share of zones schemes as well but man does kubiak and that line have them down - fun to watch - great back too. I mean i like the middle run and left run.
    A lot like Shanny does in WAS. Makes sense seeing as Kubiak is a Shanny disciple.

Veteran
    Kyle shanny runs a lot pistol these days (not suprised with RG3) but I have not seen as much zone scheme ( i do realze these can be used in tandem and ar4 not independent of each other, so not sure why i bring it up except to make my next point). I wont lie i was so mezmerized by the play fakes and quick screens i often failed to see how thy were blocking up a thing. Really I just felt for boley chase or whatever backer was on the field bc it is so easy to get sucked up into the wash on every play fake. But I realize kubiak got the zones from shanny. D wilson is a nice candidate for a zone scheme, but the truth is that oline in houston is very well assembled too.

I like that someone would say they can predict run run pass kick - that is hilarious. 6th most points in the entire league and apparently we did it based on run run pass kick, who knew you could score that often with such a predictable O.

woah ponder is inactive tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by dave56dj View Post
    Kyle shanny runs a lot pistol these days (not suprised with RG3) but I have not seen as much zone scheme ( i do realze these can be used in tandem and ar4 not independent of each other, so not sure why i bring it up except to make my next point). I wont lie i was so mezmerized by the play fakes and quick screens i often failed to see how thy were blocking up a thing. Really I just felt for boley chase or whatever backer was on the field bc it is so easy to get sucked up into the wash on every play fake. But I realize kubiak got the zones from shanny. D wilson is a nice candidate for a zone scheme, but the truth is that oline in houston is very well assembled too.

I like that someone would say they can predict run run pass kick - that is hilarious. 6th most points in the entire league and apparently we did it based on run run pass kick, who knew you could score that often with such a predictable O.

woah ponder is inactive tonight.
    WAS definitely uses zone blocking, and if I'm not mistaken a lot of stretch plays. Zone blocking actually works very well with option offenses.

I can't remember which game, but I remember someone was complaining that we ran on 1st and 2nd down too much in the second half, so I looked at the play by play. We only ran on consecutive downs like 4 times (regardless of down), twice ending in a first down and the other 2 ending in a 3rd and 4 and shorter, lol.

About Pounder... Could be huge, could end up not mattering. It's not like Ponder really tore it up this year.

Veteran
    drez i did notice the stretch plays and man did they get to a lot of edges. RG3 really changes the way every defensive player has to go about there job - its almost as if there is a .5 second hesitation for all 11 players. Tough to set edges that way and tough to maintain gap integrity. Lot of people got all over osi (who i think was fairly active down the stretch) but how many guys can maintain gaps and set edges against a 4.1 runner in rg3 - just not easy.

While i agree with you on ponder joe webb simply has little experience and if your the packers you have to just send 8 in box at all times and make webb beat you - he can run but is very very raw as a passer.

I also realize sending 8 against ap sometimes still isnt enough.

Banned
    Hahahahahahahahahahaha.....There are folks that are actually defending our miserable piece of garbage OC.

Quote Originally Posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
    Hahahahahahahahahahaha.....There are folks that are actually defending our miserable piece of garbage OC.
    Yes, and that includes our quarterback.
    http://boards.giants.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=25347&dateline=138526  4905

Torque it till it breaks, then back off a quarter turn.

Quote Originally Posted by Roosevelt View Post
    Uh-oh. I think you may have just created a paradox. The universe will explode (or implode) shortly.

Quote Originally Posted by Roosevelt View Post
    What does HE know that our MB coaches don't?
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

What is Gilbride running the Packers with all these Shotgun Draws?

+ Reply to Thread