+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 47 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Thread: For those that believe Gilbride is a really good coach please ask yourself 1 question

Veteran
    The second half collapses - i believe we were 2 and 2 down the stretch - but even so it must be on the offense - not the d that let up 80 plus points - nope its all gilbride. How do you account for the 2 sb rings in 9 years?

How do you account for the top offenses - how do you account for the 6th most points in the league - right its peyton coaching its eli outplaying gilbride (who implements TC's system) and its players executing in spite of Gilbrides horrible system - cmon man - give the guy credit.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by dave56dj View Post
    The second half collapses - i believe we were 2 and 2 down the stretch - but even so it must be on the offense - not the d that let up 80 plus points - nope its all gilbride. How do you account for the 2 sb rings in 9 years?
    Eli and the pass rush and corey webster acting like a shutdown cornerback.

Very upset that Fewell remains when we could get better at DC

Our defense has been the bottom of the barrel the last two years and we were considered having the best front four in football...REALLY!!! I didn't see that! No aggression out of this team what-so-ever! We need LB's that have impacting playing skills...not band-aids! It is so frustrating to see a lead put up and then lose it.

its not tosay our offense was not to blame there but one could realistically look at our offense and see that the biggest weakness truely was our Oline which is a personel issue.

Defensively it is across the board and DC that doesn't know how to use the talent he has...even a decent DC can do that!

How do you account for the top offenses - how do you account for the 6th most points in the league - right its peyton coaching its eli outplaying gilbride (who implements TC's system) and its players executing in spite of Gilbrides horrible system - cmon man - give the guy credit.
    We were 3-5 down the stretch.
    2 SB's in 9 years is great. Second half collapses and missing the playoffs are not..which tells me one thing.

Gilbrides offense works if it's perfect, if it's not well executed/figured out, we are in trouble. I never said anything about Peyton coaching Eli or outplaying Gilbride or all that hoopla. Gilbride HAS to make adjustments when adjustments are needed. Not when we are losing 5 games in a row..not when we are 7-7 pushing for a playoff spot. It worked last year, didn't work this year. That's inconsistency at its best.
    I thought we had something special!!!

Veteran
    But my god can we not take in the overall picture - can you not look at the offense in 9 years and realize it has been consistently good. That as a coach he has overseen a very productive unit.

2 sb's is UNREAL. 14 teams have none - 7 one - 4 more have 2 in their lifetimes. Yes a collapse is painful but this is the nfl where parody rules and the fact that he has had so many top offenses is UNREAL and yet no one is willing to give him credit. Its eli, or good execution (which is NEEDED BY EVERY OFFENSE) or the players. No his system has worked very well for big blue and TC is an excellent coach, maybe our best in history at least 2nd best and yet you all know better then him.

But my god can we not take in the overall picture - can you not look at the offense in 9 years and realize it has been consistently good. That as a coach he has overseen a very productive unit.

2 sb's is UNREAL. 14 teams have none - 7 one - 4 more have 2 in their lifetimes. Yes a collapse is painful but this is the nfl where parody rules and the fact that he has had so many top offenses is UNREAL and yet no one is willing to give him credit. Its eli, or good execution (which is NEEDED BY EVERY OFFENSE) or the players. No his system has worked very well for big blue and TC is an excellent coach, maybe our best in history at least 2nd best and yet you all know better then him.
    +1. Awesome and the truth.

Ok so statistically the offense has been good for 9 years, and we've stilled struggled down the stretch. I wouldn't say anything if it didn't happen almost every single year. I'm not even knocking the system, I'm knocking his ability to make adjustments when adjustments are needed. I don't think that's me thinking I know it all.
    I thought we had something special!!!

Veteran
    Ruudy why is that all on gilbride? Im just not understanding why the blame is on him. There are 3 units. Personally i think injury and schedule are bigger factors but yes all 3 units have not been good enough in late stretches - unless you mean 07 and 11 when they were SUPER.

Ruudy why is that all on gilbride? Im just not understanding why the blame is on him. There are 3 units. Personally i think injury and schedule are bigger factors but yes all 3 units have not been good enough in late stretches - unless you mean 07 and 11 when they were SUPER.
    Another +1 for you. You are winning the arguement.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    Ok so statistically the offense has been good for 9 years, and we've stilled struggled down the stretch. I wouldn't say anything if it didn't happen almost every single year. I'm not even knocking the system, I'm knocking his ability to make adjustments when adjustments are needed. I don't think that's me thinking I know it all.
    Come on Rudy.

+ Reply to Thread