+ Reply to Thread
Page 38 of 47 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 ... LastLast

Thread: For those that believe Gilbride is a really good coach please ask yourself 1 question

Quote Originally Posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
    Exactly. Look at how Mike Shannahan has it set up with the dink and dunk short and middle passes. The system is set up for success even if you miss a play or two while ours relies too much on the deep pass. Our offensive gameplans are too predictable.
    If you don't understand how or why their offensive scheme is set up like that, why it has the success it does, and why it wouldn't be successful here then there's nothing I can really say to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    Again, KG doesn't dictate to Eli where to throw the ball. That decision is on Eli. Every singe route on every single play isn't a deep route. Eli chooses to throw it deep. Maybe it's because he wants the big play. Maybe the defense has taken away the shorter routes. Maybe the guys running the shorter routes didn't uncover in time.Also, we need to keep our TEs and RBs in to block a lot of the time due to our OL giving up too much pressure. That GREATLY affects what you can do in the short or intermediate routes.
    KG has no say so in our play calli g? Doesnt he give Eli a set of plays to choose from? Also, it's time to draft quality offensive linemen.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    You can have a successful passing game without going deep. Of course KG doesnt know that.
    What are the chances Eli just feels more comfortable airing it out than dink and dunk?
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Veteran
    Agreed - we need to draft a RT for sure - nothing to do with gilbride but yes we need some upgrades - i have full trust in reese.

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    What are the chances Eli just feels more comfortable airing it out than dink and dunk?
    If Eli are more comfortable airing it out to an injured receiver who shouldn't even be playing, then something is terribly wrong. That might be due to the fact that he's trying to get Hakeem in the game, but still, it just wasn't there.

Quote Originally Posted by dave56dj View Post
    Agreed - we need to draft a RT for sure - nothing to do with gilbride but yes we need some upgrades - i have full trust in reese.
    I'm not sure we will take one this year. I'd assume he would give 2nd year players Mosley and McCants a shot at the position along with 3rd year man Brewer.

If Eli are more comfortable airing it out to an injured receiver who shouldn't even be playing, then something is terribly wrong. That might be due to the fact that he's trying to get Hakeem in the game, but still, it just wasn't there.
    It was a general question not having anything to do with Nicks, but we do have other receivers.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    It was a general question not having anything to do with Nicks, but we do have other receivers.
    Regardless, the deep ball wasn't effective this year.

Regardless, the deep ball wasn't effective this year.
    That's not the point, but OK

Veteran
    Enigma i think they are pretty down on brewer - kid looked awful in pre season, but again they see practices so i could be wrong. Mosley perhaps, mccant looked like a real lon term project and was on and off the ps all year.

As for eli liking the deep ball - the offense is predicated on the intermediate to deep routes. Its often his first or second read. Most great qb's prefer the big play, but i dont think he is adverse to checking down if need be.

+ Reply to Thread