+ Reply to Thread
Page 39 of 47 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    That's not the point, but OK
    So Eli doesn't feel comfortable with a short passing game now? If that's not what youre asking either then it was a weird question.

Please support.
    Get well soon #80.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    Regardless, the deep ball wasn't effective this year.
    Eli didn't have to throw that many deep balls but he did and it was his choice.

So Eli doesn't feel comfortable with a short passing game now? If that's not what youre asking either then it was a weird question.
    One more time. If Eli were to be more comfortable with airing it out, would he tend to force long balls? Once he has the plays from Gilbride, Eli decides what play to run and who to throw to on passing plays.

For the record I've never said he doesn't feel comfortable with a short passing game, you said that. I'm simply asking a question about the possibility that Eli might have a preference.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by dave56dj View Post
    Enigma i think they are pretty down on brewer - kid looked awful in pre season, but again they see practices so i could be wrong. Mosley perhaps, mccant looked like a real lon term project and was on and off the ps all year.
    I'm just a fan with an opinion and you never know who might drop to us anyway. We could get a steal at the position (D.J. Fluker in the 2nd would be welcomed) but I think Reese will trust the coaching staff with these young players that he has picked in recent years. It's the same reason I doubt we go with an early TE because he's in love (not literally) with that Robinson kid. Do remember that Beatty took some time to gel also but it seems we both agree that we need a long term answer at RT.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondring View Post
    Eli didn't have to throw that many deep balls but he did and it was his choice.
    Doesnt KG give him plays to choose from?

Please support.
    Get well soon #80.

Banned
    What are the chances Eli just feels more comfortable airing it out than dink and dunk?
    That is a very legitimate question. Eli has some issues throwing short passes. Is that because we do not do it so much or do we not do it so much because he doesn’t do it well?

This is the thing. Players have strengths and flaws. The coaches and coordinators need to recognize and address those issues. They need to nurture those strengths in their players and help them improve the weaknesses. If Eli has an issue with the short pass then that needs to be addressed and it is a failure on the coaching for not addressing it sooner because it has been an issue for years as has his poor decision making at times. Don’t get me wrong, we have had awesome success over the past five years and I am grateful for that but it still doesn’t mean that we rest on our laurels and don’t try to improve. This season there seemed to be a lack of sense of urgency that really hurt and the coaches needed to address that.

One more time. If Eli were to be more comfortable with airing it out, would he tend to force long balls? Once he has the plays from Gilbride, Eli decides what play to run and who to throw to on passing plays.For the record I've never said he doesn't feel comfortable with a short passing game, you said that. I'm simply asking a question about the possibility that Eli might have a preference.
    I never said it either, I was asking if that's what you meant. Maybe, nobody knows. If that's the case it's partially Eli's fault for forcing it.

Please support.
    Get well soon #80.

Veteran
    Enigma as usual reese will look for studs early and then go need mid round. SO I would say either of us could be right. Beatty was a second rounder - not so fair to compare him to the late round picks of brewer and mosely and mccants in terms of potential. Reese loves all his picks - i know he called robinson jpp of tight ends but that doesn't mean he is. We will soon see - i think bennett is still a big fa re-sign.

Quote Originally Posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
    That is a very legitimate question. Eli has some issues throwing short passes. Is that because we do not do it so much or do we not do it so much because he doesn’t do it well?This is the thing. Players have strengths and flaws. The coaches and coordinators need to recognize and address those issues. They need to nurture those strengths in their players and help them improve the weaknesses. If Eli has an issue with the short pass then that needs to be addressed and it is a failure on the coaching for not addressing it sooner because it has been an issue for years as has his poor decision making at times. Don’t get me wrong, we have had awesome success over the past five years and I am grateful for that but it still doesn’t mean that we rest on our laurels and don’t try to improve. This season there seemed to be a lack of sense of urgency that really hurt and the coaches needed to address that.
    IMPROVEMENT? OUR COACHES DONT NEED IMPROVEMENT! /red

Please support.
    Get well soon #80.

Doesnt KG give him plays to choose from?
    So why are you argueing? If he gave Eli plays to choose from then Eli has options not one play right?