+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: For those that believe Gilbride is a really good coach please ask yourself 1 question

Quote Originally Posted by NYG4lifeNYK View Post
    The talent surrounding him masks his incompetence at times, that's all.
    Mediocre at best OL.

An injured Nicks most of the year.

Nicks injury was the killer to this offense, not Gilbride.

You didn't pick apart anything. You made a smart-*** sarcastic statement and you expected what exactly?
    Slip did, and his points are right on target.

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Because hes 61. Not many teams are hiring 60+ year old head coaches.
    Fair enough, I just don't think that's the only criteria for his lack of vacancy.

Coughlin might be the exception to the rule but as they say age is just a number.
    ALL IN!!!!!!!!

I'm ALL IN are you?

"Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

Just ask yourself this... since he's been vying (for years, and that is well documented) for a head coaching position than why has not a single team offered him a job? Coordinators are free game every single year. The Gilbride enthusiasts always bring up the point he's won two super bowls. So if he's so accomplished why does he not appeal to any football team in the collegiate or NFL level.

Gilbride supporters also bring up that our offense is generally always tops in the league... blah blah blah

Don't you think with a top QB in Eli and the superior talent surrounding him that we should always have top offense no matter who the OC is?

Gilbride is a good to average OC. He's nothing more, nothing less and we can absolutely do better and also do worse.

I'd love the opportunity to allow someone to do better.

He's here for at least another season so this is the last Gilbride topic I will make, scouts honor ... and we can win despite him.

You'd love the opportunity?

Ok, here's your chance to sell the most important person on this change - Eli Manning. Let's hear it, and while you're at it, let's hear Eli's response as well.
    http://boards.giants.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=25347&dateline=138526  4905

Quote Originally Posted by moosedrool View Post
    I guess ****Lebeau isn't a good DC in PIT since he hasn't been a head coach since 2002.
    ​But, he's too old.

Fair enough, I just don't think that's the only criteria for his lack of vacancy.

Coughlin might be the exception to the rule but as they say age is just a number.
    Or maybe, just maybe, teams realize that he's a great coordinator but not HC material. I'm sure if the Giants fired him as OC he'd be an OC somewhere else next season.

Quote Originally Posted by moosedrool View Post
    Mediocre at best OL.

An injured Nicks most of the year.

Nicks injury was the killer to this offense, not Gilbride.
    No. Nicks health was a main factor in why we weren't as successful this year but it all starts with Gilbride.

He played Diehl over a healthy more effective Locklear.
    He was the sole reason we lost at least 2-3 games this year because of his play calling or lack thereof. You don't continue to run the damn ball when Eli is on fire in the first half(Washington game). In the Steelers game Diehl was terrible. The Bengals game, Diehl was awful. You can't move the ball if your QB doesn't have enough time to make a decision.
    ALL IN!!!!!!!!

I'm ALL IN are you?

Quote Originally Posted by Roosevelt View Post

Ok, here's your chance to sell the most important person on this change - Eli Manning. Let's hear it, and while you're at it, let's hear Eli's response as well.
    So you don't think we could do better than Gilbride?
    ALL IN!!!!!!!!

I'm ALL IN are you?

He was the sole reason we lost at least 2-3 games this year because of his play calling or lack thereof. You don't continue to run the damn ball when Eli is on fire in the first half(Washington game).
    Ridiculous statements. You are just another armchair OC on these boards.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Roosevelt View Post

Hahahaha. I can hear Eli telling Gilbride "I carried you last year when we won the SB. This year you are on your own, fat ***".

+ Reply to Thread