+ Reply to Thread
Page 41 of 47 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast
Results 401 to 410 of 468

Thread: For those that believe Gilbride is a really good coach please ask yourself 1 question

  1. #401
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,130
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Very complicated process
    Yes it is. However, it is about giving the player options and helping to nurture him to pick the right option. I know it is just my opinion but I really do think that a part of Eli’s success in 2011 was due to speaking with Peyton on a regular basis throughout the season about his play.

  2. #402
    Moderator RoanokeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    93,002
    Quote Originally Posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
    Yes it is. However, it is about giving the player options and helping to nurture him to pick the right option. I know it is just my opinion but I really do think that a part of Eli’s success in 2011 was due to speaking with Peyton on a regular basis throughout the season about his play.
    I like that Eli has the options. He's a smart player.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1


  3. #403
    All-Pro Drez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    12,316
    Quote Originally Posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
    Exactly. Look at how Mike Shannahan has it set up with the dink and dunk short and middle passes. The system is set up for success even if you miss a play or two while ours relies too much on the deep pass. Our offensive gameplans are too predictable.
    Man, that system is beastly. They've put up a whopping 14 points so far.

  4. #404
    All-Pro Rudyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Richmond, Virginia
    Posts
    26,357
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    I like that Eli has the options. He's a smart player.
    Obviously not if all those dumb plays are all his fault.
    Uh..go Giants?

  5. #405
    All-Pro Drez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    12,316
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    Obviously not if all those dumb plays are all his fault.
    So, let me get this straight. Essentially what you are saying is that any play that doesn't result in a positive is a bad decision? Why can't something be a good decision, but poorly realized?

  6. #406
    Moderator RoanokeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    93,002
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    Obviously not if all those dumb plays are all his fault.
    I said I wasn't blaming Eli for anything.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1


  7. #407
    All-Pro Rudyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Richmond, Virginia
    Posts
    26,357
    Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    So, let me get this straight. Essentially what you are saying is that any play that doesn't result in a positive is a bad decision? Why can't something be a good decision, but poorly realized?
    I was poking fun at Diamond, I wasn't actually serious.
    Uh..go Giants?

  8. #408
    All-Pro Rudyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Richmond, Virginia
    Posts
    26,357
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    I said I wasn't blaming Eli for anything.
    I was making fun of Diamond.
    Uh..go Giants?

  9. #409
    All-Pro Drez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    12,316
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    I was poking fun at Diamond, I wasn't actually serious.
    Kinda hard to tell in this thread, lol.

  10. #410
    All-Pro Roosevelt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    1925 Giants Drive
    Posts
    14,360
    Quote Originally Posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
    Eli’s decision making, IMO was the difference in his performance in 2011. As I’ve previously stated, I think the fact that Peyton was out for the year and was on the phone with Eli 3-4 times a weeks may have had something to do with that.

    As bad as we played all the way around this past season, if Eli doesn’t make a couple horrible decisions, we probably make the playoffs. He is the way this team goes.

    With the exception of 2011, poor decision making has been a problem Eli has had and I think if he had a better coordinator or QB coach, he would improve in that regard.
    I would add off-target throws to that as well. In addition to better decisions in 2011, he threw the ball more accurately as well.

    I'm unfamiliar with the Peyton correlation. I cannot imagine Eli needing better coaching at this point in his career. There are some hear who believe he is a master at his position. That's something I just do not see.
    RosieVision - Helping Giants fans see clearly since 2006

    http://boards.giants.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=25347&dateline=138526  4905

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts